Process Technician, Taw Valley, Devon
We're one of the world's biggest dairy producers. Join our friendly Taw Valley Ingredients Team as Process Technician, and you'll contribute to making food that is loved by millions.
The Ingredients department at Arla Foods produces 18000 tons of permeate powder and 4000 tons of whey protein concentrate using membrane, evaporator and drying technology. Our customers use the products as ingredients in foods and dry blend products, and therefore have high demands for quality and food safety. Our raw material is based on whey, which comes from quality cheese production at Taw Valley.
Create the Future
…by ensuring that our products can be accurately delivered to our customers on time. As a Process Technician you will be part of a high-performance team both delivering and supporting other functions to meet challenging team and personal goals. You will primarily be involved with:
- Leading production of demineralized 'dry blend' permeate powder and whey protein concentrate (WPC60) to the expected quality standards
- Operating, monitoring and cleaning highly automated processing equipment - membranes, evaporators & dryer.
- Monitoring quality of liquid and powder products during production and dispatch.
- Problem solving and giving input to continuous improvements, to support our LEAN focused business.
- Accurately completing documentation for food safety and traceability.
- Proactively maintaining strict food hygiene and health and safety standards in the department.
It's a fast-paced site and the role will involve working on a 4 days on 4 days off shift basis, alternating days and nights (06:00-18:00, or 18:00-06:00).
Grow with Arla
…because we're committed to professional development, training and promoting from within. Our positive and collaborative culture will bring out the best in you. And you'll join a market leader who produces nutritious household-favourite brands in a way that makes things better for our customers, the farmers who own us, and the whole world.
- A motivated team player, who communicates well, can work on their own initiative and make decisions.
- Previous experience in food manufacturing or other related manufacturing/scientific environment preferred but not essential.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Analytical with an eye for problem solving
- Excellent attitude towards quality, food safety and health and safety
- Excellent IT skills, numeracy and literacy
If this sounds like you, you could be just what we are looking for to help drive and support our global business.
...online as soon as possible please, but not later than 15th January 2019. We offer competitive rates of pay and holidays. We look forward to hearing from you.