NPD MANAGER – HOME BASED
NPD Manager – Home Based
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person with bundles of energy, drive and enthusiasm to join a fast-paced team working in the poultry industry. This business are a global importer and exporter of chilled and frozen foods, with a high volume of their products being in poultry and meat.
The Senior Product Development Manager will provide professional development and product implementation for all retail development specifically supporting one retail customer. The role entails frequent travel especially in the UK/EU sometimes at short notice. This is a multi-site role with home working 1-2 days per week, customer site 1-2 days per week and Head Office based for the remainder which should be a minimum a 1 day per week, although no one week is ever the same.
The ideal candidate will live fairly centrally in the UK, for ease of travel to both Yorkshire and Hertfordshire. You must be flexible to travel frequently to other locations across the UK and Europe.
- Manage NPD projects assigned to you from concept to the successful product launch
- Support the account and technical managers in preparation for customer presentations by making samples and complete sample submission forms where applicable
- Facilitate the completion of the line trials and final product approvals and where applicable, attend the sites to ensure that the projects are completed in time
- Make sure that kitchen specifications are completed documented and supplied to the customer with every sample submitted
- Following customer taste panels and analysis of samples supplied
- Manage the Critical Path to ensure that each stage of the brief is followed to an agreed timeline to meet the customer and/or account managers deadline
- Facilitate and manage the completion of specifications at each stage of the process
To be selected for an interview, you will have experience with either poultry products, or chilled foods. Experience working directly with one of the major multiples is essential. You will also be very willing to travel at short notice as part of your role.
Please forward a copy of your CV to email@example.com or contact 0113 205 4970 for more information.