The hunt is on!
Are you an experienced Quality Manager looking for your next step up the ladder? Or an experienced Technical Manager looking for a fresh environment? A new opportunity has arisen to join a thriving business in Yorkshire.
As Technical manager, you will report into the site Factory General Manager, responsible for the Technical Governance of the site through the implementation of robust systems for Food Safety, Integrity, Quality and Legality.
As the technical champion on site, you will be the key contact for customer technical teams, ensuring the site is compliant with BRC, customer compliance and will develop and maintain an audit ready culture.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work as part of the site SMT to drive a continuous improvement and quality culture.
- Effectively lead, manage and co-ordinate the Technical team to deliver against agreed KPI’s. Provide team with support, guidance and motivation whilst maintaining effective supervision and management
- Advance and deliver the Site Technical Strategy
- Drive HACCP system to deliver appropriate and effective Food Safety control and monitoring systems.
- Ensure multi-level internal audit framework is in place being followed and acted upon – to include GMP, systems, product quality and process audits
- Manage QA team in monitoring the quality of raw materials, packaging in process product and finished product through analysis using HACCP principles.
- Development and maintenance of robust process control procedures and deliver a programme of process audits to verify process control procedures.
- Ensure Customer Technical requirements are well communicated throughout the business.
- Act as site technical contact for all customers and external bodies.
- Monitor site quality and food safety performance and formally report feedback to the business on daily, weekly and monthly KPI’S.
- Drive reduction in customer complaints through monitoring, reporting and agreed action plans with operational team.
- Provide accurate and timely product information to the factory floor including product specifications, packing specifications, photographic standards and Quality Attribute sheets to the manufacturing teams.
- System maintenance to monitor all process, quality & food safety documentation to ensure compliance to specification and maintenance of traceability.
- Manage, monitor and control costs within budgeted requirements.
- Reporting of non-conformances from internal and external audits and follow-up with appropriate departments.
- Work with engineering and project teams to ensure site is developed in line with HACCP and GMP requirements.
- BSc Food Science, Food Technology or equivalent
- Experience and understanding of major retailer technical requirements.
- HACCP qualification (Ideally CIEH level 4 HACCP)
For more information, get in touch with the team on 0115 695 0050 or email Harriet@recruitment-wolf.co.uk
Apply for Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly