Food Safety Process Manager
At PepsiCo our R&D associates are at the forefront of innovation, balancing leading technical knowledge with first-class commercial awareness. With a real passion to innovate and deliver, our people are dedicated and highly motivated.
We are currently looking for an expert in Food Safety and Process Design to provide critical guidance and expertise across our Europe and Sub Saharan Africa region (ESSA).
In this role you will advise on the design and development of thermal and non thermal process. You will deliver microbiological control to ensure the safety and legality of products across all categories and technologies (food, beverage, and dairy). You will build a high profile within our Global R&D function and you will enjoy regular contact with a broad range of partners across markets.
In addition, you will;
- Provide support for the development of processing parameters to deliver the required Food Safety and Quality standards for all manufacturing processes.
- Support the validation of new equipment, processes, products and packaging, keeping aware of and up to date with industry technical developments
- Ensure existing processes are validated as capable and appropriate.
- Provide support in the execution of microbiological validation including using external 3rd part expertise as required.
- Assure process control requirements are fit for purpose with the daily operation at the site. You will participate in trouble shooting and corrective action management as require.
- Support the Daily manufacturing operations to ensure commercial sterility of all PepsiCo products through evaluating process irregularities, deviations, and audit functions.
- Masters or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Food Science, Microbiology or other related technical field.
- Experience in the Food industry in process engineering, microbiology, food science, or related role
- Technical understanding, across a range of food/beverage/dairy process and packaging operations
- An understanding of the key principles of thermal bacteriology.
- Some experience of the validation and management of thermal and non thermal processes designed for microbiological control.
- Knowledge of running food safety in a production environment using HACCP and Food Safety principles.
- Knowledge of second European language would be helpful
- You will be a self-starter able to work independently and within multi-functional teams
- You will have the ability to travel up to 30%