Product Development Specialist, Dairy Alternatives
PepsiCo UK is home to some of the world’s most loved food and drink products. Making every day favourites like Walkers Crisps, Quaker Oats, and Tropicana, we have a fantastic reputation for developing and launching products that our consumers love. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and have been voted a Top Employer for the six years in a row!
Our Leicester R&D Centre is one of our Tier-1 Global R&D Hubs, driving product innovation across our global Snacks & Nutrition Categories. We thrive on innovation & our R&D teams are commercially minded and always looking to push boundaries.
We are looking for a technical expert to support the management of specific drinkable, non-dairy and plant protein innovation projects (new launches, brand maintenance, renovation, quality & product specifications) within our Quaker portfolio. In this role you will play a key part in helping shape and drive this exciting new capability for our Nutrition Category.
Supporting our Western Europe (WESA) Nutrition Grain's plant protein and dairy convergences business plan, you will leverage a combination of functional and business expertise and develop technical elements of winning consumer propositions that drive sustainable business growth and help drive our drinkable innovation agenda.
- In relation to specific Innovation projects, project manage product development cycle from ideation to launch to meet agreed timeline and benchmarks, providing updates to Line Manager for plant protein or dairy alternatives innovation.
- Portfolio and gap analysis for WESA business, focused execution and pipeline project delivery. Recommend and proactively review market and commercial interactions for portfolio analysis and R&D.
- Co-ordinating with global dairy connects to apply regional platformable programs relevant to plant protein and dairy convergences.
- Play a key role in the cross-functional projects teams by representing R&D views/agenda. Provide updates on development progress on a regular basis.
- Coordinate overall scale-up activities in plants by liaising closely with Ops Change manager.
- Provides support to on going quality issues in plant and coordinate quality testing activities. Work with quality managers to provide updates, recommendations and next steps to line manager.
- Understand and demonstrate application of consumer product testing, sensory, analytical etc… tools to deliver superior products in line with optimum product design
- Graduate in a Food Science or related discipline or equivalent, holder of Masters’ Degree is in advantage.
- Experience in leading and managing product development of plant protein or dairy convergence low acid drinkable products.
- Previous experience in FMCG R&D, product or technology development roles
- Knowledge of Low Acid Thermal Processing procedures and Food Safety considerations a distinct advantage.
- Deep understanding of Food Science, Food Engineering and Manufacturing
- In-depth analytical skills to interpret complex data and distil into meaningful information e.g. interpreting consumer insights, experimental design and statistical inference
- Strong project management and presentation skills (written & verbal), skills to effectively drive a complex project portfolio across different markets
- Demonstrates strategic thought and proactively suggests gap analysis with innovation pipeline in mind.
- Previous experience of team management is ideal.