R&D Product Development Manager (Senior Scientist)
At PepsiCo our R&D associates are at the forefront of innovation, combining leading technical knowledge with first-class commercial awareness. With a real passion to innovate and deliver, our people are dedicated, ambitious, and highly motivated.
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist to join our Global Snacks team based at our Regional R&D Hub in Leicester.
In this role you will scope, lead, and deliver complex elements of the Western Europe Snacks agenda. You will have high cross-functional exposure covering Supply Chain, Global Quality and Compliance, and innovation teams.
You will also need to identify, lead, and deliver a series of technical and Quality programmes to support the maintenance of both current business and the creation of advantaged Snack Product launches.
- Lead complex elements of high profile projects and support multiple Business Units in an FMCG environment where the priorities are constantly evolving. You will lead project(s) on Brands with significant turnover (<£50m).
- You will be given autonomy to prioritise across a broad range of projects to deliver technically robust and scientifically sound solutions with internal mentorship. Delivery will be both through team associates alongside engagement of, and coaching of associates across primarily the WE Snacks Regional team but also into Functional capability.
- Display accountability for identifying technical solutions to enable current business continuity but may also enable BU calendar activities and provide unlocks.
- Identify and propose resource allocation and project landmarks for delivery through others that sit outside of this role’s structure.
- Regular contact with the R&D Directors. The role carries a large amount of autonomy to work with cross-functional partners and external collaborators.
Key Skills Required;
- First Degree or equivalent in an Engineering or Food Science related discipline.
- Significant experience of product creation and / or technology development within the FMCG industry.
- Food and Beverage experience preferred but we will openly consider wider Consumer Goods experience.
- Strives for high standards, seeks creative solutions, drives continuous improvement of products and processes and demonstrates a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical skills to interpret complex data and distill into relevant information e.g. interpreting consumer insights, experimental design and statistical inference
- Strong project management skills to effectively drive a complex project
- Strong presentation skills (written & verbal)