Job title: Packaging Manager
Location: Lancashire / Greater Manchester
Salary: Highly Competitive Salary & Executive package to attract the best
This is a fantastic role for a Packaging Development professional to be involved in the development of a long term innovation strategy with a brand leading FMCG business.
- We’re looking for a Packaging Development Manager who has passion and who can demonstrate the ability to successfully operate at a senior level, with both operational and strategic experience.
- Ideally you will have led experts within the area of packaging, ideally gained in a high volume, progressive, supply chain environment.
- You will have extensive Project Management experience and be able to work cross functionally to drive continuous improvement for our packaging solutions.
- You will have a naturally collaborative style, have the ability to coach and develop your team and demonstrate your ability by the results you deliver.
- To develop the capabilities required by the packaging team to deliver the short to longer-term objectives of the company.
- To recruit, train, motivate and manage the performance of Packaging Technologists and Brand Coordinators. The Packaging Manager continuously improves the engagement and performance of the team.
- To be accountable for all packaging material specifications and Bill Of Materials, ensuring that they comply with the latest legislative requirements and driving for consistency with our sustainability commitments
- Accountable for the technical management of all packaging initiatives (internal and external), aiming to delight consumers, increase profitability and improve sustainability credentials, with the on-time delivery of packaging solutions that can run efficiently down the factory lines.
- To identify consumer, customer and market-driven packaging trends and the latest technology developments that will enhance consumer experience, improve brand profitability and improve sustainability credentials
- To develop an external network of partners (suppliers, universities, research centres …) in order to complement the internal expertise and pool of resources.
- To provide technical guidance on all packaging items and their interfaces with ingredients and machinery to the rest of the Group
- To continuously improve the Quality and Environmental Management Systems of the team, reflecting best practice, minimising risks for the business, and ensuring that procedures are always followed
To apply for this exciting new role, please send a copy of your CV quoting ref RS/4284 to firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential discussion, please call me on 0161 832 7463