Production Planner, Greater London / Hertfordshire, Food Manufacturing
We are recruiting for a Production Planner on behalf of a leading Food Manufacturer based in Greater London / Hertfordshire.
To assume full responsibility for the Production Planning function of the Company, ensuring it is managed in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on meeting customer stock requirements at all times according to quality demands and operational realities.
- The planning and organising of all production scheduling including the preparation of all relevant documentation for the manufacturing team including preparing and maintaining planning reports
- To exercise a high level of communication both internally and externally, in order that all stakeholders are kept abreast of the plan at all times and feedback is sought and given.
- To work closely with the production team to identify process improvements and efficiencies
- To address issues when they arise aiming for maximum stock availability whilst minimising any cost implications and disruption to business operations
- To regularly and effectively liaise with commercial team to determine customer requirements and to understand longer term plans such as upcoming promotions and holidays
- To create accurate and timely forecasts in line with customer requirements and to plan for future capacity requirements
- To determine the quantities of raw materials required to cover production runs and to effectively communicate this throughout the business in order that plans are achieved to target
- To trouble shoot problems when they arise i.e. uplifts and other changes to customer orders, staff shortages and machinery issues, and act accordingly, aiming for minimum disruption whilst giving being mindful of all relevant customer priorities and operational considerations and to then communicate any changes to the plan effectively across the wider team
- To work effectively with the factory management team to determine operational priorities and how best to meet them. The ultimate goal must always be availability to the customer
- To liaise with customers, suppliers and transport companies on issues which might affect them that are a consequence of the planning process
- To collect and analyse production data in order to improve overall performance and efficiency
The Ideal Candidate:
- Planning experience ideally gained from an FMCG / Food Manufacturing environment
- Excellent Excel skills
- Able to effectively plan and prioritise production to ensure maximum stock availability in a cost-effective manner
- Works collaboratively with colleagues at all levels
- Is a strong communicator at all levels of the business
Hours of Work: 37.5/40 hours a week, normally worked between 08.00 and 16.30. However, a level of flexibility is required for this role to support the operations of the factory and you will need to be contactable out of hours.
Salary: circa £35,000 To £45,000 per year + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This may be of interest to those looking for the following roles: Planning Manager, Production Planner, Production Coordinator, Logistics Controller, Stock Controller, Forecast and Supply Planner, Materials Controller, Scheduler, Food, Drink, Beverage FMCG, Procurement, Edgware, Watford, St Albans, Enfield