Costa Technical Operations Director
Costa Technical Operations Director
Costa Coffee is an independent business but now part of the Coca Cola family and the world’s largest total beverage company. As the nation’s favourite coffee shop and the largest and fastest growing coffee shop chain in the UK, its sights have now been set on becoming the world’s number one coffee brand and it is an exciting time in the company’s 40-year history.
NSF International have worked with Costa for 15 years providing the implanted technical team to deliver the technical expertise to support the business. As a global leader in food quality technical standards development, testing, auditing, and training, we are ideal partners to support Costa’s on-going global development and your role will be to lead this team – so come and join us!
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the UK’s largest coffee shop operators? Being an integral member of our forward-thinking technical team where product quality and passion are at the heart of everything we do?
We are looking for a Costa Technical Operations Director who will work as an ambassador for NSF and be responsible for the account delivery and coordination of all NSF contracted technical services for the Costa Coffee account and will be a key component of the technical delivery of the Costa vision.
- Maintaining excellent relationships with key stakeholders through regular meetings and other liaison
- Providing a “go to” highly capable resource available at all times
- Working seamlessly with the Technical Account Director to develop and implement the technical strategy
- Ensure synergies across the Costa business units and enhanced service support
- Ensure a strong, integrated approach to team management and development
- Provide leadership and direction to the technical team to ensure innovation, development of service and efficiency
- Be the pivotal point to champion and integrate all NSF services provided to Costa, including the Retail Account Manager and associated services
- Provide innovative and proactive ways to move the Costa business forward from a technical perspective
- Oversee the Technical Operations Management team to ensure effective management of the end to end supply chain across bespoke and off the shelf suppliers and distributors of food and drinks to Costa (UK) and International
- Ensure the contract KPI’s are achieved including the delivery of the supplier visits & audits programme to drive forward supplier and client standards
- Work in collaboration with Costa to develop and implement Costa/NSF technical guidelines and standards
- Drive on-going continuous improvement in the development and implementation of IT systems to facilitate technical management
- Collaborate with external colleagues and suppliers to drive the NPD process
- Support Costa buyers and developers in relation to issues, escalations and crisis management
- Prepare, manage and monitor annual budgets for the Costa cost centres, ensuring adherence to the P & L and budget
- Monitor departmental performance against budget, providing key financial information to the Director, Consulting & Technical Services
- Identify and lead programme enhancements for the mutual benefit of the Costa and NSF
We are seeking a person who is confident, dynamic, driven, and dedicated, with a passion for food, quality, and safety with the following experience/knowledge/skills/abilities:
- A degree (or equivalent) in Food Science or Food Technology, or a related subject with HACCP and lead assessor qualifications
- Experience of working in or with the retail and manufacturing sector at a senior management level
- The ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of food legislation, guidelines and codes of practice
- Proven management and leadership experience of leading successful teams, and the ability to make effective decisions in a collaborative manner
- Experience of operating as an Account Manager for a large organisation, with strong account management ethos and proactivity
- Strong communication & presentation skills, with experience of liaising with customers, suppliers, and colleagues at all levels
- Strong negotiation skills & experience managing budgets in a cost-effective manner
- Experience of implementing IT projects & proficient with web-based specification and supplier management database systems and Microsoft software
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- A valid driver license and ability to maintain a valid current passport with capacity to travel
You will be based at the Costa offices in Dunstable and London
The Benefits Package
- £Competitive Salary
- Private healthcare
- Company bonus scheme
- Company car or cash alternative
- Company pension scheme
- 25 days annual holiday
Could this be your dream job with a brand you can really get passionate about? Apply now, or call for an informal chat. This is a great time to be joining NSF/Costa and we look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. No agency interest please.