Job Title: Technical Assistant
Salary: £22,000 - £24,000
Our client is a leading food business who supply to a variety of the major retailers. As they continue to expand and grow their presence in the marketplace they are now seeking a driven and ambitious Technical Assistant to join their team in Cambridgeshire
Reporting into the Technical Manager this role is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Food or Fresh Produce professional with an interest in the Technical Sector to take a step up in their career.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a dynamic and supportive working environment where career and personal development opportunities are available to those willing to put the effort in.
* Undertake routine analysis and provide reports to determine KPI performance.
* Use QMS data to monitor and review performance
* Produce weekly complaints reports
* Produce photographic specifications and construct Quality Contracts/photo manuals.
* Update and maintain internal and supplier specifications.
* Ensure customer specifications are accurate and up to date.
* Technical data entry into internal and external documents.
* Provide trend data on key KPI's across technical key measures
* Track rejections and trend
* Undertake shelf life validation work
* Supporting the Technical and Quality teams on various tasks
* Previous Technical experience within the Food or Fresh Produce Industry either in a traditional or placement role
* A degree in Food or Nutritional Science
* Strong IT skills ( Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* A keen eye for details and an organised and detailed approach to work
* Strong communication and diplomacy skills
* The ability to work to a tight deadline, manage and prioritise a busy workload
* Self-motivated, ambitious and eager to learn
If you believe you have the skills and personality to fit these requirements please either apply via this advert or call Henderson Brown on 01733 235 111 for more information.
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our horticulture, fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.