Process Development Technologist
Contract type: Permanent, full time, Monday to Friday 8am – 5.30pm
Reports to: Head of Innovation (Foodservice)
Location: Chessington, Surrey KT9 1TW
Salary: Circa £30,000pa depending on experience
New England Seafood International – who are we?
We are a premium supplier of fresh fish, value added fish products and raw ready to eat fish to all the major UK retailers and to food service customers in the UK. We have nearly 500 employees based in our manufacturing site in Chessington, Surrey and nearly 200 based in our manufacturing site in Grimsby, Lincolnshire. We are also joint partners with Comptoir Oceaniques, a French company, in Joii Sushi, providing sushi to all the major sushi chains in the UK. Joii Sushi has its base in Chessington and has manufacturing facilities in Boulogne, France.
To make sure that Foodservice development makes a smooth transition from trial and testing stages to full production scale up, ensuring the product meetings high quality standards and maximising profitability.
- Supporting the Foodservice development team to ensure that product launches are delivered on time and to a consistently high standard.
- Taking responsibility for the factory development of new products from kitchen handover through to successful production launch, ensuring that product consistency is achieved throughout the entire process
- Ensuring all work meets internal and customer standards for quality and safety
- Scheduling and managing trials and revaluations making sure that everything has gone to plan
- Building strong relationships with production, technical and other cross functional team members
- Understanding company production processes and flagging up any potential problems to your team at early development stages
- Conducting ongoing investigations into production processes and monitoring technical complaints in order to make recommendations for product improvements if necessary
- Ensuring that operating procedures and specifications are written correctly for each new product and available to relevant staff
- Supporting initial production runs and being available to trouble shoot and provide expert advice if necessary
- Ensuring all products are costed thoroughly after production trials and prior to full production
Experience, Knowledge and Skills required:
- Experience in manufacturing ideally with Foodservice & Retail
- Food Science Degree or equivalent preferable
- Comfortable using IT packages including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Food hygiene and safety
- Requires flexibility of hours to ensure adequate cover for all new product launches.
- You’ll need to be motivated, enthusiastic and able to take and overcome problems in your stride - you’ll be the sort of person who makes sure the job gets done whatever it takes.
- You’ll be able to record and interpret data and make recommendations based on your conclusions
- This job requires someone who is well organised, able to see the big picture while still focusing on the smaller day-to-day elements of a project to make sure that new products launch successfully.
- You’ll be expected to be totally familiar with our manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for delivering budgeted level of sales & profit from new products as directed by Head of Innovation.
- Effective project management ensuring product launches are delivered on time and to a consistently high standard.
- Providing cost engineering incentives for current product lines
- This requires occasional presence on night shift and on weekends
- Travel and overnight stays occasionally for customer and supplier meetings
We are at an exciting time in the group’s development and are in the process of making important steps in a transformational growth plan:
- Completed the acquisition of greater production capacity
- Progressing the next generation of value-added products in the retail and food service fish category
- Driving an ambitious category led growth agenda
- Developing an innovative branded offer to fulfil rapidly developing consumer needs
Our core purpose is to enhance lives through fish. Our vision is to be the “go to” partner, loved by our customers, chosen for our species and famous for consumer-led innovation, in showing people how to enjoy fish every day.
Our values run through our business and are Respect, Customer Care, By Learning we Grow, Team Spirit and Integrity.
Apply for Process Development Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly