Consulting Supply Chain Technical Manager
Consulting Supply Chain Technical Manager
At NSF International, our mission is to protect and improve human health. We're a global leader in standards development, testing, auditing, certification and training. We provide these services for a diverse set of industries including food, water, health sciences, sustainability and management systems.
We’re passionate about the work we do, because together, we have a broad impact on our world.
Our company of nearly 3,000 employees provide services in over 170 countries through our many global offices, at our client sites, from home offices and in state-of-the-art laboratories. We’re growing fast, and that's where you come in. Come join our team!
We are looking for a Consulting Supply Chain Technical Manager to work with the consulting team, who will take the technical lead and have full responsibility for developing and delivering the supply chain and technical consulting strategy and programmes. The successful candidate will manage numerous projects, coordinate NSF resource and independent consultants in and around the UK/globe and provide technical expertise in relation to food manufacturing and retailing.
• Proactively managing all supply chain and technical consulting programmes
• Providing regulatory advice for the full range of food products and support with non-food and consumer products
• Acting as the technical expert in relation to food safety, legality and quality in manufacturing and supply chain
• Acting as the project/account manager for nominated key clients to ensure effective delivery of key performance targets in a cost-effective manner
• Meet with assigned clients at agreed intervals to review the current programme and provide expert consultative advice leading to programme improvements
• Coordinating projects to deliver solutions to EU and international requests for supply chain and technical consulting
• Leading proposal generation for supply chain and technical consulting opportunities and support wider proposal development
• Supporting and deputising for the Director of Consulting to effectively manage the consulting team and the associated budget
• Providing guidance to assist with marketing and advertising sign off for key clients and provide support in relation to menu claims
• Identifying and transfer best-practice approaches into team ways of working in order to deliver cost-effective and/or improved efficiencies.
• Coordinating horizon scanning activity to ensure that relevant emerging issues are identified to the client
• Providing liaison with external bodies on behalf of clients and programmes, e.g. trade associations, national food safety agencies and non-governmental organisations and act as an NSF spokesperson for identified areas of technical expertise
• Assisting with the provision of technical advice for key clients as part of crisis management including support with the out of hours service
We are seeking a candidate with the following knowledge/skills/abilities:
• The job holder must have a degree (or equivalent) in Food Science or Food Technology
• Relevant technical extensive experience in food manufacturing environments across several product categories
• Substantial knowledge and experience of all relevant food safety legislation, guidelines and codes of practice
• Experience of preparing business proposals and quotations
• The ability to project manage to achieve high levels of performance aligned to KPI’s
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a high level of numeracy and good negotiation skills
• Experience of working with proprietary specification systems, project management software, excel and other Microsoft products
• Whilst the position is based in the Hanborough office, the job-holder will be expected to visit client’s locations, within the UK and overseas, but with flexibility to work from home up to 2/3 days a week
• Ability to listen to client’s needs to determine other NSF services which might be applicable to the client
• Knowledge of food safety culture, crisis management, food fraud and other technical challenges
• Experience of dealing with non-food consumer products
• Experience of audit/inspections and HACCP is preferred but is not essential (recognised lead auditor qualification, HACCP Level 3 or equivalent)
• Experience of working in or with the retail sector would be advantageous
The Benefits Package
• Private Healthcare or Bupa Cashplan
• Company bonus scheme
• Company car or cash alternative
• Company pension scheme
This is a great time to be joining NSF and we look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. No agency interest please.
Apply for Consulting Supply Chain Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly