DEVELOPMENT TECHNOLOGIST – CHILLED DESSERTS
Product Launch Technologist – Chilled Desserts
Location: Bishop Stortford, Hertfordshire
A new, exhilarating opportunity for an experienced Product Launch Technologist to join a newly invested site has emerged. In this role, you will get the opportunity to work with a number of exciting new projects, with the chance to utilise a brand-new innovation kitchen.
With investment coming heavily from or their parent company, the company’s site has been transformed into an ‘engineer’s paradise’ equipped with a highly automated brand-new kit. It is an exciting time for product technologists wishing to progress with their career, with internal promotions on the rise and outstanding employee satisfaction. As a Product Launch Technologist, you will deal with production trials, supervise tests and experience taste panels. You will be organized and be able to deal with a high volume of projects.
- To own projects, developing the product, controlling the launch path and ensuring products are stopped if they are likely to be unsuccessful.
- Liaise and inform the Technical Manager of all launch progressions, product tastings, and development so that launches can be controlled correctly;
- Control existing product development (EPD). Interact with the Technical department on quality issues, product faults and revisit them to improve the product or maintain a high-quality standard by developing new processes where required;
- Research and implement current consumer markets and latest technologies on manufacturing, quality control, and consistency;
- Have an input to quality control and suggest improvements in the factory to the Technical Manager, where relevant;
- Communicate any delays in the product launch process to the NPD and management team so that are all are aware of the issues;
- Hold a Food Science or Food Technology Degree/HND, combined with a minimum of 4 years product & process development experience;
- Relevant food manufacturing knowledge / experience with proven exposure to working with chilled food products being advantageous;
- Demonstrated extensive practical factory or product development experience;
- A track record of delivering and completing tasks successfully and on time;
- Sound technical knowledge and a willingness learn and build-on experience already gained; and
- A good understanding of/or an interest in the desserts category/market would be advantageous
To be chosen for an interview, you must have experience across a minimum of 4 years’ experience within the product technician role in the food industry. Ideally you will have worked with complex products that include multiple ingredients.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business with significant plans to expand, that can offer you future development and progression.
Please contact Lucy Robinson on 0113 205 4970 for further information.