Nutrition and Technical Manager
Closing at 11pm on Friday 8th February 2019.
To apply for the role, please reply with your CV and a covering letter. Within your covering letter please state your current salary.
As Nutrition & Technical Manager, your primary responsibility will be to keep up to speed with regulatory updates, manage industry positions and initiatives, and liaise with legislators and other stakeholders as appropriate. Your areas of focus will be food safety, food labelling and nutrition.
Specifically, as part of this role you will be required to:
- Monitor regulatory updates (from the UK, the EU and international organisations such as Codex) and deliver those updates to member dairy companies in a timely fashion;
- Work with members to develop industry positions on topics of relevance to the dairy sector – this will include managing Dairy UK’s relevant committees and working groups;
- Liaise with a range of stakeholders (mainly policy-makers) to promote Dairy UK’s positions;
- Provide one-to-one advice to members when required;
- Manage industry projects and initiatives (e.g. testing schemes).
Topics of relevance to the role include:
- Food safety and quality along the dairy supply chain;
- Mandatory and voluntary information on food labels;
- Nutrition and health claims used on-pack and for marketing;
- Nutrition-based policies (e.g. nutrient reformulation; advertising restrictions, food taxes);
- The Codex international food standards;
- Brexit and its effect on all of the above.
Job Type / Category
We are a trade association that represents dairy companies operating in the UK - our overarching mission is to promote the consumption of British dairy products at home and on the international market. We do so by working with policy-makers, consumers, journalists, industry and other relevant stakeholders.
We are looking to fill a temporary position from 15th March 2019 to 15th December 2019. The job will be predominantly office-based and you will be working with a small team in central London. Working hours will be 9:00-17:00 Monday to Friday.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
We are looking for a candidate:
- qualified by a suitable degree and/or work experience;
- with strong project management skills;
- with strong communication skills in English (both written and verbal), including negotiation and presentation skills;
- who is eligible to work in the UK.
Experience or knowledge of food law and/or the dairy industry is welcome but not essential, as training will be provided.
We will provide you training on food law and the dairy industry.
Salary will be based on experience and skills (£30,975-£38,475 for the nine-month period).
Apply for Nutrition and Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly