Bolton-Kearsley- BL4 8NB
Health, Safety and Personnel Co-Ordinator
Hours & Rate
Working Hours: Mon-Fri 7am-4pm ( but flexibility may be required)
Rate of pay: Negotiable dependant on experience
At David Wood Baking we have over 20 years’ experience in the bakery business, and if one thing is clear about our company it’s that we’re passionate about baking.
We currently produce a range of quality frozen 'bake off' and craft bakery products encompassing Savoury Pastry, Sweet Pastry, Bread, Morning Goods and Confectionery products from six cutting-edge bakeries around the UK.
You will be working within the Human Resources department working and will be playing a key role within the department and helping to drive the business forward.
The roles responsibilities will include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of all departments, as well as enforcing/ensuring that site adheres to all Health & Safety Procedures. You will support the site through a variety of tasks including staff recruitment/retention, collating weekly KPI reports, conducting internal audits, completing payroll spreadsheets, filing/collecting personal data, general office duties, minute taking and answering telephone calls.
- Manage recruitment needs for site.
- Provide payroll information by collecting time and attendance records.
- Compile and submit employee data reports by assembling, preparing, and analysing data.
- Maintain employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data.
- Provide administrative support to Managers in HR process, including minute taking investigations
- Respond to general HR inquiries, concerns from staff
- Arrange regular ‘touch point’ meetings with each department to identify concerns, performance, suggestions etc.
- Organise/Minute/Implement actions for Works councils
- Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Maintain quality service by following organisation standards, policies and procedures.
- Recording Accidents stats
- Review and carry out risk assessments
- Outline safe operational procedures, and identify hazards
- Carry out regular site inspections and Health and Safety internal audits
- Ensure working practises are safe and comply with legislation
- Prepare Health and Safety strategies and develop internal policies
- Conduct Monthly Health and Safety Meetings
- Advise on a range of specialist areas i.e. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Manage emergency procedures- (Fire drills, First Aid), and organising emergency teams such as first-aiders/fire marshals
- Organising Occupational Health checks for all employees at site.
Skills and Qualifications:
- IOSH/NEBOSH desirable
- Reporting Skills
- Ability to Organise/Prioritise workload
- Able to work well under pressure
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- Demonstrate high levels of accuracy
- Excellent Numeracy skills