Production Planner, Glasgow - Food Manufacturing circa £28k
We are recruiting for a Production Planner on behalf of a leading Food Manufacturer based in Glasgow. The Production Planner is responsible for all daily production planning and supply chain contact with Demand Planners. Production Planning covers both work operational departments.
- Responsible for creating a Daily Production Schedule.
- Responsible for forecast execution and regular reporting to the following metrics:
- Daily volume through the company operations, whilst considering current stock shelf life.
- Responsible for liaising with demand Planners on committed delivery dates, delivery issues, capacity issues, and material issues.
- Provide advance production plan for new product launches.
- Manage delist process of products to ensure minimum stock write-off of Finished goods.
- Be the key communicator to all departments to ensure the plan is fit for purpose and be responsible for the resolution of any production issues raised.
- Deliver the right balance of service, stock and responsiveness to the demand team to ensure `delivery OTIF and communication channels to customer.
- Call out high orders to demand team to investigate reason and customer expectation to allow planning decisions to be made.
- Ensure Optimum Stock level is met.
- Manage the implementation and discontinuation of products, whilst maximising service and minimising obsolete stock
- Proactively chase demand team to push through exposed stock that is reaching min life.
- Customer Service level KPI
- Work with the warehouse to manage inbound / Outbound flow of stock
- Responsible for producing Morning Reports and sending out by agreed deadlines.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Educated to Degree or equivalent level or equivalent experience.
- Experience within an integrated ERP system
- MRP/ERP system experience.
- Integrated supply chain experience
- A structured approach to working within the areas of responsibility.
- Intermediate level of excel essential.
Salary: circa £28,000 +benefits
To Apply: Please press the "apply" button
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This may be of interest to those looking for the following roles: Planning Manager, Production Planner, Production Coordinator, Logistics Controller, Stock Controller, Forecast and Supply Planner, Materials Controller, Scheduler, Food, Drink, Beverage FMCG, Glasgow, Paisley, Lanarkshire, Edinburgh, Stirling, Falkirk, Dunfermline, Kilmarnock, Motherwell