We are working in partnership with a fantastic food manufacturing group who are looking for a Specification Technologist to join the team.
The key responsibilities for the role will be:
- Creating, maintaining and updating accurate product specifications.
- Reviewing specifications against policy and loading into online specification management system.
- Supplying specification and nutritional information for product launches for packaging, food safety and intolerance data.
- Completing customer SQA's
- Handling customer enquiries on product recipes and the raw materials they contain.
- Maintaining awareness of legislative issues. Disseminating information as appropriate.
- Placing new products onto the production system, including all relevant technical and packaging requirements, within required deadlines.
- Managing and maintaining product quality assessment system (QAS).
- Logging and dealing with customer complaints ensuring a full investigation is completed and preventative / corrective action is taken and the customer receives a satisfactory response within a timely manner.
- Completing and controlling recipes, SOPs and documentation.
- Maintaining process control equipment owned by Technical Department.
- Managing samples collections for customers and Innovation.
- Ensuring equipment calibration and verification systems are maintained (Internal & External).
- A proven track record in Food Manufacturing – ideally writing finished products specifications on retailer systems. If you have not used retailer systems, you may still be considered for the role.
- Ideally degree educated in a food related discipline.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills at all levels of the business
What’s on Offer?
- Competitive Salary - Depending on Experience
- Monday – Friday / Office hours
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV to Lexi Barratt at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively if you would like to discuss the position further please call on 0131 226 5060.