Our client, a well-known food manufacturer is seeking a Quality Technician for a manufacturing site in Glasgow.
The role will ensure all lab analysis, factory auditing and product release are carried out in an accurate and timely manner, with any issues encountered either investigated and resolved or escalated as necessary.
- Ensure that all production samples are QC checked correctly and accurately against SAP requirements.
- Any product deemed to be out with specification communicated & escalated clearly to the site team.
- Ensure that customer certificates are sent in a timely manner.
- Weigh out small quantity ingredients for use in production accurately.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of the laboratory working area.
- Collation, review, and storage of factory & laboratory paperwork.
- Carry out internal audits and inspections.
- SAP support in blocking/unblocking products and ingredients.
- Life extension review of raw material and finished product.
- Rework review of the finished product.
- Calibration of lab and factory equipment, e.g. scales, metal detectors.
- Investigation of magnet, sieve and metal detector finds.
- Investigation of customer complaints.
- Stock take and ordering of laboratory consumables.
- Maintenance of laboratory holding samples.
- Sign off of production holding samples vs. accepted lab samples.
- Carry out product & packaging traceability exercises.
- Fluency of English language, both verbal and written and able to communicate effectively
- Minimum one years’ experience in food manufacturing or analytical laboratory
- HNC Food Technology or relevant qualification/equivalent experience
- Basic Food Hygiene certificate (HACCP and Internal auditing certificate desirable)
- Proficient in MS office (previous experience of SAP desirable)
- Attention to detail and ability to understand standards and specifications
- Disciplined in adherence to standards and specifications set
What’s on offer
- Working hours of 21.00 - 07:15 Mon-Thu
- 19 days annual leave
- Starting salary of up to £19,500
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate experience in a similar technical role within the food industry.
If you are interested in this position please send a copy of your most recent CV to Simon Norris.