A successful manufacturer supplying major retailers, is offering a fantastic opportunity for a Food Technologist.
- Responsible for all technical & quality matters relating to the products manufactured and packed by the company, with reference to ensuring that the products meet both the customer’s specifications and the relevant legal requirements.
- Liaise with other Food Technologist and New Product developers from all customers.
- Advise the Production Manager on ensuring that the requirements on food safety and quality are fully met by ensuring compliance with the HACCP documentation and its procedures.
- Ensure the quality manual is current, and to control all documentation relating to the quality system and the manufacturing process.
- Co-ordinate third parties audits when and if required and ensure that all corrective actions are effective within the appropriate time scale.
- Ensure the internal audit schedule is maintained and devise corrective actions where necessary.
- Document all non-conformances and ensure they are handled in a suitable manner, investigate any trends, and challenge corrective actions.
- Assist in creating and developing new products, including all paperwork associated with new products to include HACCP, raw material and final product specifications, final product standards.
- Ensuring compliance with both BRC and Major Retailer manufacturing standards across the business.
- Degree level (or equivalent) qualifications in a food science discipline.
- Food industry experience and HACCP required.
- Food Safety Auditing Experience desirable.
- High Care environment experience desirable.
- Experience in M&S Codes of Practices desirable.
- Product background in dairy related products highly desirable.
- Good communication skills for dealing with suppliers and customers
- Highly organized and self-motivated Benefits