Working Hours: Monday - Wednesday, 8:00am - 5:00pm (office based)
- 25 days holiday
- Internal training opportunities
- Regular company social events
- Staff shop allowance
Valeo Foods UK is the trading name of Rowse Honey Ltd. Many of the Valeo Foods brands are category leaders and include household names. Wallingford is the headquarters for the UK business; here we pack our entire Rowse brand products, and also sell and distribute Balconi, Kelkin, Bolands and other Irish brands. Our successful portfolios of products are always expanding as we continue to grow throughout the UK and across Europe.
- Creation of specifications for new products including retailer, bulk and branded products, ensuring information is current, accurate and pertinent to current COP and legislation.
- Maintenance of all specifications by managing changing ingredients, recipes and packaging materials.
- Completion of customer format questionnaires.
- Respond to customer queries regarding technical issues and seeking advice when expert knowledge is required.
- Liaise with NPD to facilitate NED & EPD, including artwork review, nutritional calculations, new ingredients, sample submissions and specifications.
- Assist the supplier approval process with raw material specification reviews.
- Generation of KPI data and reports as required.
- Reading, understanding and communicating retailer COP.
- Computer literate and an excellent telephone manner.
- Experience/knowledge of specifications, food industry, HACCP and BRC.
- Experience of online retailer portals (advantageous but not essential).
- Attention to detail.
- Collaborative, proactive approach to work along with patience and pragmatism.
- Flexible and organised management of time with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and a large, varied workload.
- Be prepared to take on long term projects as well as day-to-day tasks and see them through to completion.
- Maintain a confident, calm attitude when faced with frustration and challenges.
- Able to work as both part of cross departmental team and independently.
Valeo Foods UK are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.