Customer Technical and Development Manager
Our client produces a range of high quality ambient stable products from a number of manufacturing sites in Europe. Based at the UK headquarters, you will manage the technical relationship with their major retail customers and food service clients.
This position is a customer facing Technical Manager ensuring the quality, legality and safety of products and compliance with retail customer standards. You will develop strong relationships with retail partners. You will provide a technical point of contact for UK retail partners and work closely with European manufacturing sites to ensure customer compliance and prepare for external audits. The job holder will also be responsible for crisis management for technical issues involving customers by ensuring efficient communication to all stakeholders. Furthermore you will co-ordinate all product and packaging projects from concept to launch, ensuring products comply with specification. Preparing factories for auditing, as well as understanding and communicating customer and legal standards affecting products. Ensuring that the factories understand the required standards and the consequences of non-compliance. You will also be required to develop new business opportunities.
- With a minimum of a degree in Food Science, Food Technology or equivalent
- You will have previous experience of Technical Management within a customer facing environment.
- Good working knowledge of the retailer specification systems, retailer audits and the BRC standard are all essential.
- Resilient, commercial, decisive, flexible and mobile you should be truly customer orientated.
- Experience of working for an importer/distributor of factored goods
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects and critical paths
- Full clean UK drivers license and flexibility to travel with in the UK and overseas
To apply or for more information, please e-mail in strict confidence, with an updated CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of Lisa Fox to email@example.com or call 020 8203 1000.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.