Head of Product Development
Head of Product Development and Technical
£Attractive Senior Salary + car allowance + up to 25% bonus + healthcare
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a rapidly growing dynamic food business who distribute delicious food products across the world! This truly independent award-winning food specialist work with a number of strategic co-manufacture to produce a range of high quality packaged products to many well-known leading customers.
As part of the executive leadership team, the Head of Product Development will play a key role in enabling the business to achieve their projected targets, vision and business plan, through the strategic leadership and management of their team’s daily activities. The successful candidate will have full responsibility for the organisation’s full product development cycle, including project management, product and packaging concept development, production line trails, product technical & quality management, sign-off and launch of new products and the implementation of project management processes for the business. This role is pivotal to maintaining brand reputation and client product satisfaction by ensuring the business and the manufacturing partners, operates efficiently and effectively.
- Experience for coaching, mentoring and development a performing team.
- An ability to communicate and engage with the senior management team at a strategic level.
- Be able to demonstrate a resilience and flexible disposition within a fast pace environment.
- Strong manufacturing background within the food manufacturing sector.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes, systems and standards.
- A robust understanding of product development and industry standards is essential.
- Good understanding of the development cycle and the stage-gate process.
- Probably a food science degree, with significant experience in an entrepreneurial food environment.
- An understanding of outsourced environments and contract manufacturing would be useful.
- Project management experience and success in meeting operational and financial targets.
- Ability to build and develop strong, cooperative relationships with external partners at executive and operational management levels.
- Support the CEO in the strategic leadership and management of the business, with specific accountability for the development of the company’s product portfolio.
- Responsible for the effective management of the full product development cycle from product initiation and kick-off to sign-off and launch, working with the Product Development, Technical and Project Management teams to meet customer needs.
- Act as a leading thinker within the core business and with Innovation Centre colleagues for the development of innovation around both food and packaging products, maintaining a close understanding of market, culinary and other developments.
- Coach direct reports in all aspects of management and leadership, to ensure they maximise their potential and are effective members of the Management Team.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.