Food Safety Manager
Food Safety Manager
Reporting to the Quality Manager
CSM Bakery Solutions, with manufacturing and distribution facilities across Europe, is a global provider of a wide range of bakery products and ingredients for retail and foodservice markets as well as artisan and industrial bakeries. CSM’s mosaic of heritage bakery brands includes some of the industry’s most trusted names: Readibake & Kates Cakes. We are the UK's leading supplier of Sweet Bakery Retailer branded products in the in-store bakery sector for Cookies, Doughnuts & Mini Bites.
Purpose of the role
To apply the requirements of The Quality Management System to the factory environment.
- Day to day management of the QA in ensuring that product meets specification in a factory run to agreed standards.
- Our retail customers expect that their products meet specification and are made in factory’s run to their standards, to ensure this happens you will need to design, implement and maintain QA activities, systems and processes to ensure that the requirements of the Quality System and Quality Schedules are fulfilled where prescribed.
- Results from QA activities will be reported in a timely manner and where agreed reports produced on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to allow for the relevant trending of the success of the Quality System.
- Where instances of non-conformance are found corrective and preventive actions will need to be agreed with departmental management to ensure product, process or plant compliance is achieved.
- Management and development of the SQP / QA team to CSM people policy standards.
- Participate in site risk assessment process for food safety, defence, fraud and quality
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Food Safety / Hygiene Level 4
- HACCP Level 3
- Attendance at food industry Food Defence and Fraud courses
- 3 years’ experience in similar role or Senior QA role
Key Performance indicators
- Customer complaints
- GMP Scores
- External audit results
- Internal audit results
- Serious Product Incidents
- Non-conformance log completion
- Product hold cycle
WHAT WE OFFER
- An exciting opportunity in a global leading organisation in the food industry
- 33 days annual leave (includes 8 bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Single Healthcare
- On-going training
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- On site car park
For further information please check out our careers page
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age