A Stock Controller is required to join a chilled food specialist based in Kent.
Working in partnership with Warehouse Supervisors, have overall responsibility for stock control within the Warehouse from delivery to dispatch, managing the integrity of real time stock information by ensuring the data on stock within the inventory management system matches the actual stock in the warehouse including location.
Summary of Main Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
• Receipt stock onto System. Liaising with goods in team, delivery notes are to be entered accurately onto system to create live stock levels.
• Ensure correct stock levels to enable appropriate sales – adhere to KPI set
• Update goods in Records. All delivery information must be entered on to goods in record. All fields must be filled in accurately and in full. Contacting suppliers to confirm any missing information that is required. For example – Batch codes/dates.
• Liaise with Cuts – Movement of bulk stock into cuts & finished goods back in to picking points / stock onto system under correct product code.
• Liaise with Stock person, to ensure stock is taken to pick points and then stock is put away in correct date rotation.
• Liaise with Hauler, when necessary – to resolve any technical issues or other issues relating to quality of delivery. For example over temperature or damages. Manage any potential returns of stock to the Supplier for faulty goods, and how this is booked onto the system.
• To communicate with stock control department, reporting any discrepancies with delivery or any damages to stock.
• To Liaise with Technical department, regarding any quality issues with stock.
• Oversee the storing of samples and notifying appropriate personnel of their arrival.
• Help within the goods in department, to receipt deliveries when needed.
• Contacting suppliers regarding correct delivery paperwork.
• Morning Date check and manage short dated cage, including disposal of outdated products.
• Holding monthly supply chain meetings.
• Assisting Telesales with queries relating to products such as size, etc.
• Develop and manage monthly KPIs on duration of vehicle waiting times and lag from delivery to picking point availability.
• Assisting in warehouse as required/needed during busy periods only with prior approval from General Manager
• Ensure target of stock availability is maintained
• Control stock levels to minimise waste
Interested? Then click the apply button today, or contact Jim Cook for further information on 01233 223712
All Applicants must have the right to work in the UK or hold the appropriate work permit.