Senior Production Manager
National industrial manufacturing business are looking a Senior Production Manager to look after two sites in Gloucestershire. This role needs a strong leader with experience of continuous improvement and change management within manufacturing.
The client is an industrial manufacturer with industry leading factories across the country forming a group with a turnover of £120,000,000. They need someone to manage the production of their two fast growing sites in Gloucestershire.
The role of Senior Production Manager based in Gloucestershire will involve working closely with the Managing Director. You will oversee and manage all aspects of production ensuring that all standards of quality, costs and delivery are achieved on time, every time.
You will set the standards and processes, providing direction and support to your teams to enable them to achieve production KPI's, ensure health & safety compliance and control costs. Working to lean manufacturing practices you will also help develop, implement and manage process improvements, problem solving effectively. This is a fast moving and fast changing environment where you will have the opportunity to utilise your experience to influence tactics and facilitate improvement and expansion.
The Senior Production Manager will need:
- Significant experience of production management in a manufacturing / production environment that includes managing managers and managing production KPIs
- Strong people management and leadership skills, with the demonstrable ability to coach, mentor and give direction effectively
- Experience of lean principles and techniques is essential, with demonstrable examples of identifying and implementing improvements
- The successful candidate will relish identifying skills gaps, risks and improvement opportunities, and have the ability and drive to recommend and implement effective change
- Certification in Management is desirable
highly competitive package comprising a healthy basic, car allowance and a bonus structure.