Supply Chain Manager
Are you our missing ingredient?
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
DFI UK is the number one cheese ingredient solutions supplier to the UK’s major food manufacturers, retailers and food service customers. We’ve achieved strong, double digit growth over the last five years and we have ambitious plans for this to continue.
With a £80m+ spend on raw materials and 480t of factory production capability, effective forecasting, planning and scheduling are paramount at DFI Crewe. With 500 SKUS across 6 production lines, ensuring the right product is available and produced to meet customer expectations is essential.
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Supply Chain Manager to optimise, harmonise and drive our end to end Supply Chain activity. Reporting into the Head of Operations DFI Crewe, your team will be responsible for all replenishment, planning and transport activities to deliver daily and weekly production plans achieving 100% customer order fulfilment.
Key Duties will include:
- Acts as the central communication hub for all planning and material replenishment issues
- Lead raw material and planning meetings to effectively communicate plans, priorities and risks
- Review and make recommendations on transport and haulage performance and strategies
- Make decisions on extra transport costs to balance budget and customer demand
- Develop stock usage cover data for timely replenishment without excessive holding
- Coordinate the team to supply and stock all onsite and offsite stock holding to fulfil order planning
- Forecast future capacity and labour demands; identify shortfalls based on budget growth
- Continually review and challenge forecast v actual accuracy; champion forecast demand meetings
- Optimise all planning, forecasting and scheduling to be accurate and timely through Oracle
- Analyse and report on planning performance / accuracy for OTIF to schedule and specification
- Work cross functionally to rationalise the product offering and allow production efficiency gains
- Lead key business projects and act as a central participant in Integrated Business Planning activity
- Manage performance of the Supply Chain team through objectives, training and development
Who are we looking for?
You will have significant Supply Chain Management experience within FMCG food. You will have planning and forecasting experience from a high volume supply chain environment. Knowledge of procurement, supplier relationships and negotiation would be desirable to complement your end to end skill set. You will be adept at utilising CI tools and techniques to analyse, assess and improve performance. Experience of IBP and / or leading and facilitating S&OP meetings will be required.
Highly analytical and numerate you will demonstrate excellent attention to detail. With Advanced Excel skills and extensive ERP system experience you will be proficient at developing robust analytics and KPI reporting systems. With a customer-focussed approach you will have excellent inter-personal skills to enable you to build relationships and balance cross-business demands.
The position offers an attractive basic salary, performance bonus and contributory pension scheme. If you are a results orientated, efficient individual with excellent system and people skills who is interested in joining a market leading, KPI focussed, quality driven, business then look no further. To find out more visit www.dairygoldfoodingredients.com and to apply send your details, including current package by clicking the apply button below.