Technical Support Assistant
An excellent opportunity for Technical Support Assistant who has a passion for food to join this highly successful and forward-thinking family run import & export company.
OUR CLIENT is a highly successful importer/distributor of private label ambient fruit and vegetable products and has built a solid reputation amongst all the major supermarket groups.
The business has huge potential and intends to grow its operation with care and in line with its' strategic plan.
THE ROLE will involve working under the supervision of 2 highly skilled and experienced Technical experts which will give you the opportunity to learn a number of new skills.
This is a 35 hour a week role; this role can be worked on a flexi basis, but they do have core hours that must be met.
The successful candidate can grow into this role and take control of a number of key areas within the Technical Department developing their career in an industry rife with opportunity.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE:
- Customer Complaints - managing the day to day complaints and sending out responses.
- Technical Records - maintain supplier quality approval & documentation.
- Completing product specifications for major retailers.
- Specifications - ensure most up to date ones are held on file.
- Issuing records to customers relating supplier's due diligence
- Review Food Law Alerts which received by the company on a daily basis
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE - have a real passion for food!
Other key qualities will include:
- Having plenty of initiative and common sense as well as a willing to take on different tasks and generally get involved
- Strong IT (good excel knowledge) and communication skills will be essential - due to the nature of the role you will need to be confident in communicating with people face to face or over the phone.
- Desire to learn & develop in a supportive role.
- Must be able to drive because of where the office is situated. The role will also involve collecting samples which cannot be done without driving.
- Experience working in a similar technical environment would be an advantage although is not essential.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY BE A GOOD ALL-ROUND FOODIE!!
If this job is of interest and you would like to investigate this further, apply TODAY!!!
"Kandhu Recruitment will consider all applications based on each candidate's suitability to the role or similar roles within the Food Sector and if we feel you are a relevant candidate we will process your application by adding you to our secure recruitment database and then contacting you to progress job opportunities further. We do not contact unsuitable applicants."
Kandhu Recruitment are specialist recruiters within the Food, Drink and FMCG Sector