QA Auditor Lead - Nights
Are you an experienced QA Auditor looking for the next step on the career ladder? Do you want to be paid weekly? .......Then look no further!
We are recruiting for a Lead QA Auditor / QA Team Leader to work on Night shift at our Manufacturing site in Worksop, Nottinghamshire.
As Lead QA you will lead a quality assurance team to verify that all materials including finished products are safe and conform to all relevant specification, legislation and customer requirements
The shift pattern is working 4 on, 4 off, 3 on, 3 off Wednesday to Saturday then Thursday to Saturday starting at 6pm finishing at 6am however flexibility is required.
The starting pay rate is £11.88 per hour increasing to £13.20 per hour on successful completion of the probationary period after 13 weeks.
This is a full time role and you will be paid by the hour / minute on a weekly basis. Overtime is paid at time and a half. Full training is provided, and previous experience as a Lead QA is not essential.Package description
- Enhanced pay rates for working weekend and/or night shifts
- Overtime paid at time and a half - above contracted 42 hours per week
- Paid for every minute you work from your contracted start time
- Free Parking
- Fully subsidised canteen serving hot food and sandwiches
- Staff Shop - discounted products e.g. ready meals, sandwiches, cakes and other items
- 20 Days holiday per year + 8 statutory bank holidays
- Training, development and qualifications to help you grow your career. Qualifications include Advanced Operator, Team Leader, Food Technologist, Project Manager and Trainee Manager.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company Pension scheme
- Childcare Scheme
- Shopping discounts with multiple retailer discounts and offers
- Sharesave Scheme
- Westfield Health Care - Healthcare Cash Plan
- PPE is provided free of charge including safety shoes, thermal fleece jackets/body warmers, gloves and hats
- 13 week training rate at £8.16 ph on nights (external candidate only)
As Lead QA you will assist with the management of the QA team to ensure cover across all shifts as required. You will complete audits and monitor the consistency of outputs across the team for compliance purposes, completing KPI’s and monitoring the consistency of outputs across the team for compliance purposes.
ou will train the team to ensure that new process and procedures are adopted, building production team capability to improve communication and understanding of technical standards. Other duties include investigating customer complaints or any non-conformance raised internal or externally to provide data which informs resolution and ensuring that a safe working environment exists for all employees at all times.
Ideally you will hold a relevant technical qualification or have previous experience in food manufacturing with some experience either leading a team or as a QA Auditor.
You will be computer literate with an understanding of internal audit process and basic hygiene principles
The below are also desirable
Level 3 Food Safety
Level 2 Health and Safety
Basic knowledge of Weight legislation
Basic allergen awareness / practical management of allergens
Understanding Technical KPIs
CCP training including HACCP principles for Manufacturing Unit
GMP; Knowledge of techniques
Non-conformance reporting techniques
Microbiological awareness – understanding of basic of food safety
Basic legal labelling practice
Greencore, Manton Wood produce fresh sandwiches and wraps for many of the Supermarket retailers in the UK. We produce over 4 million sandwiches every week and have almost 2000 employees. The site operate / Produce over a 7 day a week across 2 shift patterns - Days and Nights.
Greencore are a fast paced and growing business who offer plenty of opportunity for employees who want to progress their career in Food Manufacturing / Food Production.