TECHNICAL MANAGER – FOOD MANUFACTURING
Technical Manager – Food Manufacturing
Competitive basic salary
This organisation is a leading food manufacturer and supplier into the UK retail, B2B and foodservice sectors. Their head office based in Yorkshire is home to their manufacturing, technical and test kitchen facilities and is the base for their UK sales and marketing teams and administrative functions.
They have seen 15% growth year on year and continue to remain a profitable business. This is an opportunity to work for a company who can offer a highly autonomous role with the chance to progress internally. You will work in a supportive environment, where they continually invest in their people.
Due to continued growth this organisation are now seeking a Technical Manager with experience in complex food products, to join their busy team. Reporting into the Technical Director, you will have the ability to work at pace whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy in everything that you do.
We are keen to speak to any experienced Technical Managers from the food industry, who have broad experience in a customer facing role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Accompany customer audits and visits, ensuring any non-conformances are followed up and fully close out with the supplier and customer.
- Completion and maintenance of product specifications.
- Management of the business Quality Management System, ensuring a full programme of due diligence is appropriate and implemented.
- Label and artwork review and approval as and when required, ensuring legal compliance.
- Management of new products from concept to launch, through both internal and customer critical paths.
- Implement supplier approval process including onboarding of new suppliers, ensuring all suppliers meet minimum requirements for supply.
- Undertake a range of supplier technical visits including supplier onboarding, first productions, routine and reactive visits.
- Day to day management of supply base to ensure they meet business and customer technical requirements
- Preparing for and management of customer audits including BRC, MSC etc, ensuring the business maintains certification.
To be selected to interview, you will have the following experience and attributes:
- Experience working within food manufacturing, ideally with complex food products
- Experience in a Senior Technical function
- Knowledge of Specifications Systems, Regulatory and Food Manufacturing Standards
- Knowledge and experience working to BRC standards
- Previously working in a customer facing role
- Ideally have some experience working with the NPD process
- Experience conducting supplier visits and audits
Apply for TECHNICAL MANAGER – FOOD MANUFACTURING
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly