Sales Director / Manager
3 days left
- Contract Type
Foodservice Sales Manager / Director , Portadown, Craigavon, Co. Armagh
The Company is a privately-owned company manufacturing and marketing quality frozen, chilled and ambient bakery products for the retail, foodservice/QSR, wholesale and food-processing / sandwich manufacturing market sectors.
Manufacturing sites are in Craigavon, Northern Ireland and Pontypool, South Wales, supplying customers in the UK, Europe and Middle East.
Responsible for new business development activity in foodservice/QSR sectors with a focus on growing profitability and long-term partnerships through close customer liaison, new product development and awareness of constant changes in market trends and demographic eating habits that will drive constant innovation.
- Develop a comprehensive business plan for key accounts to ensure adherence to key strategic decisions and in line with Foodservice market growth.
- Ensure seamless information exchange across business and externally
- Work closely with the wider commercial team, NPD and the technical manufacturing functions at key customers to drive sales opportunities, oversee management of relationships with customers and play an active role in management of relationships with key customers.
- Responsibility for all aspects of the accounts, from commercial customer-facing decisions and influencing internal procurement, to manufacturing and supply chain challenges.
- To achieve agreed sales revenue, margins and profit targets
- Work closely with other departments e.g. Marketing, NPD and Production
- Formulate and agree annual targets on volume, value and margin
- Play a key role in pricing, trading and contractual agreements with your accounts.
- Assess existing, new and competitive product ranges and look at viability of developing into new product areas where appropriate
- Lead and manage the systematic and timely launch of new products into the market. To lead internally, working closely with product developments, manufacturing, marketing and procurement.
- Implement business development plan and devise and deliver annual business plan in consultation with the Board
- Ensure development and implementation of annual and longer-term sales strategy
- Develop and implement NPD strategy and plan
- Travel within UK and Ireland as required
- Any other reasonable duty as may be assigned that is consistent with the nature of the job and its level of responsibility
The Ideal Candidate:
- Proven experience as Sales / Key Account manager or other senior managerial position
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Thorough knowledge of market changes and forces that influence the business
- Strong understanding of business finance and measures of performance
- Familiarity with management best practices
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Budget planning
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
Apply for Sales Director / Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly