Rowan Foods is a progressive chilled ready meal manufacturing site which serve multiple retailers.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a well-organized, dynamic individual with a can-do approach to make a strategic impact at a well establish FMCG business.
Main Purpose of the Job
To identify, implement and communicate the quality plan which controls all food safety and quality aspects of food manufacture at Rowan Foods.
- To drive the sites Quality system development and encompass new product development technology and consumer legislative trends to stay ahead of customer expectations.
- To enable, develop and support a team of skilled and dedicated personnel committed to achieving the highest levels of product Quality and Safety.
- To effectively communicate the sites Technical agenda across all departments and retail customers technical and commercial teams.
- To build trusting relationships with customers.
- To monitor and analyse hygiene standards and drive and develop improvements.
- Trouble shoot technical issues determining root cause and appropriate corrective action to minimize reoccurrence
- Influence site culture positively to improve welfare, quality and food safety.
Qualifications & Experience Required
Degree/HND in Food Science or related discipline. Training in and application of relevant manufacturing technology. Mature and authoritative, with sound knowledge of HACCP, process control, GMP, GHP and a good understanding of microbiological standards. Integrity, focus, speedy, reliable judgment and decision making. Excellent communication skills are essential.
Significant post qualification experience, including an appropriate level of people management. Evidence of time spent controlling and delivering improvements with regard to key responsibilities.
Hours of work: Office flexible to job requirements – however, generally 8:00 – 17:00
Driving license, computer skills, passport no special dietary requirements as tasting is required as part of the role