Health Safety and Environment Manager HSE
Health, Safety & Environment Manager, Chester, Food Manufacturing Company
We are recruiting for a Health Safety and Environmental Manager opportunity for our Food client based in Chester.
This is an exciting position where you will be instrumental in supporting the site to drive Health, Safety and Environmental performance.
- Assist across all departments to ensure accreditations are achieved and maintained
- Understand, observe and implement the H&S procedures actively managing a proactive safety culture whilst ensuring compliance with H&S legislation
- Ensure site Environmental compliance with Legislation, Policies and Permits
- Be the lead competent person for all Health, Safety and Environment matters and ensure timely communication to relevant personnel
- Champion the development of a highly engaged Health, Safety and Environment culture
- Provide assistance and input to all projects, identifying and implementing continual improvements
- Identify and assist in delivering relevant training requirements
- Monitor and report relevant site KPI's
- Ensure a programme of site inspections and audits are conducted to evaluate the effectiveness of systems to enable a culture of continuous improvement
- Coach, advise and support departmental Managers to ensure safe systems of work are robust and maintained
- Plan and manage internal communication of relevant objectives and targets
- Review and update site procedures, documents and policies ensuring they remain compliant, relevant and effective
- Lead and Manage the site Health, Safety and Environment operations within agreed timescales and budget.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
- Recognised training and proven management skills of Health, Safety and Environmental Systems
- Proven leader with relevant experience, self-confidence and integrity
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible attitude to meet constraints of the business
Salary: circa £35,000 - £40,000 + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: HSE Advisor, Health Safety and Environmental Advisor, HSE Adviser, Coordinator, Manager, H&S Manager, HSE Manager, Quality, Hygiene, Environmental Manager, Health and Safety Officer, Production, Manufacturer, FMCG, Operations, Chester, Liverpool, Wrexham, Wirral, Warrington, Manchester, Cheshire, Merseyside, Lancashire, North Wales