Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its four manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with a £230 million turnover.
We are currently recruiting for a NPD Technologist to be based in our manufacturing site in Milton Keynes.
As an NPD Technologist , you will assist the development managers with creating, developing and launching products in accordance with commercial briefs, brand standards, quality and cost parameters and time scales.
- Hands on kitchen work to produce quality product samples, following a set recipe, for internal and external product presentations
- Monitoring ingredients used to ensure they are of the correct quality and compiling a pick list of ingredients for the development assistant and ensuring the make-up pack is complete to the process timeline
- Brief procurement and suppliers regarding the sourcing and ordering, and re-ordering of standard, specialist and bespoke ingredients
- Researching food trends and food to go market to participate in product design
- Ensuring the correct ingredients are available on site in the correct quantity for production of samples on the required day, by planning and ordering ingredients from factories or suppliers
- Input the recipe into the costing system to create a complete costing, and nutritional information which is used in the customer presentation pack
- Deliver accurate and timely documentation to support customer presentations and launches
- Assisting NPD colleagues to fulfil their duties in a detailed timely manner
The ideal candidate
- Graduate with a food related degree (be it food science or nutrition ideally)
- Relevant experience working in an NPD environment
- Use of own initiative
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to communicate cross-functionally
- Full clean driving license and own car
- Be happy to try all food types including meat and fish
- Confident and out-going personality
- Passionate about Food!
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, up to £22,000 per annum
- 33 Days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking on site
- Free Lunch
Interested? Apply Now!
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.