This company is a respected manufacturer of premium frozen patisserie for national and international retail, food service and catering end user customers. They have recently invested in an additional state-of-the-art high-care production facility, incorporating the most up-to-date processes and equipment.
We now need to recruit a talented individual to help build on our success.
- Development & maintenance of the FSQMS (Food Safety & Quality Management System) in accordance with BRC, IFS and customer requirements.
- Effective management & implementation of HACCP.
- Management of finished product specifications, including retailer specification systems and artwork sign off.
- Regular liaison with customer technical contacts.
- Management of ingredient, packaging & equipment suppliers including supplier approval & specifications.
- Lead contact for BRC, IFS, customer, 3rd party & any other technical audits on site.
- Work closely with the Quality Team to ensure that all internal auditing is carried out according to schedule.
- Work with the Production & Quality Teams to ensure that agreed standards are met & effectively communicated.
- Liaison with Company Directors.
- Qualified to degree level, ideally in a relevant subject.
- Minimum of three years food manufacturing experience, ideally in a Technical Manager / Quality Manager role at a BRC/IFS accredited ‘high care’ site.
- Level 3 Award or equivalent in Food Safety and HACCP for Food Manufacturing.
- The ability to organise and co-ordinate multiple projects and to set priorities to meet tight deadlines.
- Food safety auditing and product specification writing experience.
- People management experience & extremely I.T. literate.
Core working hours will be Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm, infrequent weekend and out-of-hours working will be required. Internal and external training in all aspects of the role will be provided on site
So, if you are keen to join a lively, vibrant and successful organisation and make a major contribution to the development of their company please apply