To manage the technical & quality related aspects of food production processes ensuring best in class delivery of all technical standards - relating to customer demands and legal compliance. Client Details
FMCG Manufacturing Description
- Provide an environment which encourages training and development for all technical and hygiene staff through appraisal, coaching and feedback
- To assist on process of culture change in the business, focusing on food safety & quality as the cores of everything we do.
- Create & maintain an environment that encourages employee participation in quality, and food safety, raising standards of quality, team working and communication.
- To role model client leadership values and behaviours
- Develop all employees to reach their highest level of competency.
- Ensure that staff can demonstrate their competency in carrying out tasks and operations to the required company standard, by undertaking relevant assessment reviews, and delivering appropriate training and development where required.
- Pro-Active management of technical issues across all departments within client
- Delivery of best in class hygiene standards in all areas of factory
- Assist in the delivery of cultural & process changes across Production, working in tandem with Production Managers.
- Undertake audits of suppliers & testing facilities.
- Act as conduit for liaison with customers & external bodies to ensure continued integrity of site quality systems, and effective resolution of concerns or issues.
- Pro-actively manage the technical team to deliver best in class standards for all areas of responsibility
- Target setting & monitoring performance to ensure effective & timely implementation of any changes to standards. Ensuring clear communication, understood by all relevant departments.
- Ensure all staff are involved in the success of the operation through continual feedback & positive communication.
- Ensure direct reports effectively manage each work stream effectively
- To perform line management duties as defined in terms of performance appraisal, return to work interviews and final level disciplinary actions
- To influence site production teams to take ownership of quality standards and develop a true quality based culture.
- To champion quality and food safety standards
Profile Formal requirements
- To produce quality procedures in line with customer quality and legislative needs, and ensure all relevant employees are adequately trained in these procedures.
Essential - BSc/HND - Food Science/Food Technology.
Desirable - Min Level 3 HACCP, Level 4 Food Safety, Train the Trainer Experience
BRC Audit Management & detailed understanding
Chilled Ready Meal Manufacturing
Chilled food microbiology.
Food business financial awareness - minimum 3 years
Min 3 years exposure to large retailers - ASDA preferable
Min 3 years previous management & team management experience Job Offer
8am - 5pm 1 hour unpaid lunch
25 days a year holiday entitlement +7 bank holidays