Goods-in and Despatch Manager
Goods-in and Despatch Manager- Day & Night Shift
Location: Downpatrick, Northern Ireland
As the business continues to grow, we would like to invite applications for a Goods-In and Despatch Manager. A full detailed job description will be available from HR.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the Despatch and Goods-in teams in providing an on time and in full service to all departments within the business
- Ensure accurate management of the booking in process for Raw Materials, monitoring product quality, integrity and ensuring all delivered goods are within product specification
- Completion of all associated Intake paperwork and update of computer system
- Must comply with all aspects of H&S policy throughout the site –reporting any concerns or potential hazards to their line leader immediately.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements for food safety and health and safety within areas of work
- To seek out and recommend continuous improvement methods to improve and enhance the service provided (5S and Continuous Improvement Projects)
- Control of all aspects of H&S, stock control, transport and customer service for the departments.
- Ensure all team members and any staff who enter adhere to the H&S guide lines of the department – reporting any concerns or incidents to the H&S manager whilst taking immediate action to secure the area or process until a safe solution is found.
- Planning logistics to achieve agreed service level targets for all customers
- Ordering and call off of pallets, trays & dollies to service production
- Undertake other projects as required, including systems development.
- Writing and reviewing operating procedures targeting best in class process
- Complete and review teams KPI’s, holding the Supervisors responsible for set targets.
- Liaise with the customer logistic networks to challenge shortages
- Update the senior team each day as to expected and unexpected shortages – giving
- Ensure factory is supported at all times by the department – reviewing manpower and logistics on a daily basis to confirm they are fit for purpose
The successful candidate will have
- Proven experience in a similar role within a food manufacturing environment, dealing with major retail customers
- Experience of dispatching products to major retail multiples, understanding both service level agreements and requirements
- Experience on managing an ERP system
To apply, please forward a CV and covering letter by clicking apply below.