QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNOLOGIST
CustomPack Ltd, part of the Portion Pack Europe Group, has specialised in the production of individual portion-packed products for over 50 years. We produce a comprehensive range of own-brand condiments and in-cup beverages, as well as offering bespoke contract packing solutions to individual customer requirements.
Our customer base is wide and varied and includes many household names and our aim is to provide the best quality products and complete customer satisfaction. CustomPack is accredited to ISO 9001:2015 standard and has BRC AA status.
We are now looking for a QA Technologist to join our friendly team based in Telford, Shropshire.
This role requires a Food professional who has the ability to work on their own initiative, to be a key team player and manage time effectively.
The successful candidate will have, ideally, previous experience of working in a similar role or a degree/HNC/HND in a food related subject with a professional, enthusiastic and flexible approach. You must be proficient in using Microsoft Office and an understanding and knowledge of HACCP and BRC standards will be advantageous.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Implementing continual improvement of site Food Safety, Quality and Environmental standards
- Carrying out equipment calibration in accordance with established schedules
- Maintaining the Internal Audit Process and conducting site audits, liaising with the relevant authority to ensure timely and satisfactory closure of any non-conformities
- Sampling, testing and releasing raw materials and controlling supplier Non-Conformances
- Conducting product evaluations
- Collating and filing daily production documentation
- Maintaining the site microbiological and ingredient testing schedule and results
- Liaising with Pest Control Contractor and addressing any pest-related issues on site
- Liaising with the production staff on quality matters, training and educating when required
- Performing random product checks on the production line
- Generating and maintaining finished product specification
- Supporting the site in improving all quality related initiatives
- Site allergen expert
- Collating and responding to customer complaints and supplier non-conformities
- Assisting in maintaining supplier database, ie questionnaires, accreditation certificates, raw material specifications
- Assisting in external audits and customer visits
This is a full-time, permanent position. Hours of work are based on a two-shift system, alternating weekly: 6.00 am to 2.00 pm Mon to Thur and 6.00am to 12.00 noon on Fridays & 2.00pm to 10.00 Mon to Thur and 12.00 noon to 6.00 pm on Fridays – 38 hours in total including paid breaks.
Interested? Please click the Apply Button