Our client, a large independent food manufacturer, is looking for an experienced Specification Writer to join their Technical team. Reporting to the Technical Quality Manager you will be writing product specifications within the respective customer specification databases and providing technical support to the technical team, including artwork amends, KPI reporting, change management and regulatory/supplier updates.
- Accurate inputting and maintenance of online retailer & supplier portals including the management of information flow and accurate input for the NPD process.
- Responsible for Document Control.
- Responsible for specification writing duties for retailers
- To ensure that all specifications used within the business are accurate and up to date
- To ensure that all artwork, both own label and branded are effectively checked and relaying the required information and amendments to the packaging team in a timely manner
- To advise marketing department on weights, measures, advertising claims, health and nutrition, validation and legal labelling ensuring that a safe and legal product is launched.
- To input data on raw material management system ensuring all fields are relevant and up to date.
- To maintain and update the SEDEX system, and ensure that compliance levels are achieved in line with customer and industry expectations.
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Experience of writing Product Specs on Retailer spec systems e.g. Hive, Evolve, Prestige, ideally for Tesco, Aldi, Morrisons and Lidl
- Experience with raw material specifications and obtaining information from suppliers
- Experience completing Customer Supplier Assurance Questionnaires and Customer quality attribute sheets
- IT literate in all aspects of Microsoft Office
- Understanding of HACCP principles, nutrition information and food law legal labelling
- Excellent communicator with a strong attention to detail
- Large independent food manufacturer
- Sustained growth in recent years which has allowed them to invest back in to the company
- Opportunities for career development
If you are interested, please email email@example.com AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4320 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.