Project Engineering Manager
Excellent opportunity to join a World Class FMCG manufacturer to lead the technology and innovations team. This role will allow you to utilise your technical, innovation, continuous improvement and project management skills.
This World class FMCG manufacturer based in the South West invest heavily improving their manufacturing systems. Investing in improving existing machinery and installing cutting edge technology. They develop highly automated processes which gives them an advantage over their competitors. They utilise their economies of scale by utilising their highly skilled individuals across the globe sharing best practices and helping each local site benefit from their ongoing working knowledge.
This role is responsible for managing the implementation of new technologies and innovations within the factory. It is essential that the role holder has strong leadership skills, track record of project management experience and technical capabilities. The T&I Manager will be leading the Technology and Innovations team for the Site.
- Knowledge and understanding of safety and environmental legislation's and policies.
- Contribute to the safe working environment through innovative project solutions and executions.
- Knowledge of product quality and food safety procedures. Good knowledge of HACCP is critical.
- Contribute to improving or maintaining project quality through innovative project solutions and executions.
- Responsible for design, execution, commissioning and ramp-up of projects covering Innovation and Technology improvements.
- Lead projects or project streams by following the EEM (Early Equipment Management) methodology.
- Lead Capacity, Quality, Safety, Infrastructure, and Cost Savings as required.
- Drive CAPEX Management - Supporting short, medium and long-term investment for growth and innovation. Ensure implementation of long term capacity plans.
- Develop and manage CAPEX planning and implementation including prioritisation and resource management
- Budget control for the CAPEX for the site.
The Project Engineering Manager:
- The ideal candidate will have a Technical qualification to a degree level (Chemical, mechanical Engineering, Food Processing/Engineering or equivalent.)
- Previous leadership/project management experience within a manufacturing or R&D environment driving NPDs or other technical projects.
- Experienced in product and process development, preferably for the food sector.
- Excellent team management, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strongly driven by a safety culture.
- Good understanding of financial concepts.
Salary and benefits based on experience