Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Multi Skilled Engineer (electrical bias), Brough East Yorkshire, Lancashire, Food Manufacturing Company
The maintennce engineer role consists of preventative maintenance on machines and equipment, as well as responding to emergency machine break downs throughout the plant. Involvement with new design, installation and movements of existing machines. Overhaul and repair of machines and equipment. Ensuring machines and equipment on site are safe, working efficiently and fit for purpose. Complete site fixed electrical system improvement programme.
This is a permanent role, with 6 months probationery period.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Carry out preventive maintenance tasks as scheduled during the shift to required standard.
- Determine cause of potential failure or performance deterioration, and either
- Complete remedial work during shift or brief subsequent shift and Engineering Team
- Leader on issue, cause and recommended solution.
- Set standards, initiate & review procedures & measure performance to ensure continuous improvement.
- Adhere to Health & Safety requirements, ensures all work is carried out in a safe manner and conduct risk assessments where required
- Conduct risk assessment prior to any maintenance work and ensure conclusions are implemented prior to start of work to remove hazards.
- Record all tasks and work undertaken within the shift on CMMS.
- To ensure that established standards of food quality & food safety are met.
- To report and record stock issues to Engineering Team Leader
- PC skills in Win 7/8/10
- Recognised engineering accreditation electrical with optional mechanical
- Excellent communication skills, able to build positive relationships with the teams
- Able to operate on own initiative.
- Experience working in FMCG environment.
- A good understanding of operational and engineering KPI's.
- Ability to work with low level supervision
Working hours: Core hours are Monday to Friday DAYS, start times are 6am, 7am or 8am depending on roster position (each person gets a share of all three). Shifts are nine hours per day but the roster works out at an average 42.6 hours working week. Flexibility must be required.
Salary: £37,360.87 (with pending annual 2% annual rise to take it to £38,108.09) +Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrician, Mechanic, Multiskilled, Supervisor, Team Leader, PPM, Food Manufacturing, FMCG, Production, Manufacturer, Operations, Brough, Market Weighton, Hull, York, Beverley, Selby, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire.