Reporting to the Technical Manager you will be the site QA representative with a direct responsibility for food safety and quality issues. You will be part of a small but effective QA team that is heavily involved with day to day factory floor operations, ensuring high standards are maintained and current site systems are challenged and developed. You will be expected to build strong relationships across the site.
Key Responsibilities - Working closely with the production teams the role is responsible for:
- Implementation of food safety and quality procedures in the factory in line with the requirements of the BRC Global Standard
- Taking full responsibility for ensuring that product quality meets the requirements of the agreed specification
- Developing and implementing the HACCP plan and pre requisite programmes
- Assisting in the development of the food safety strategy for the site via the management review process
- Facilitating product recalls / withdrawals at site and collate relevant documents
- Driving improvements in the standards of product quality and safety.
- Providing management reports on levels of performance.
- Assisting with the completion of Internal Audits and inspections
- Providing assistance with complaint investigations or incident report investigations
- A formal food related qualification – HNC/HND/Degree in Food Science or equivalent
- Qualifications – HACCP Level 4, Food Safety Level 4.
- Food industry experience essential – at least 2 years in a similar role
- Proven experience of leadership
- High level of numerical and presentation skills
- Proficient in IT (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, outlook, databases)
- Results focussed with excellent Communication skills and the ability to influence others
- Practical knowledge of the BRC Standard and QMS Systems
- Auditing skills