- 25 days holiday + BH
- Internal training opportunities
- Regular company social events
- Staff shop allowance
Are you looking for an opportunity to take your career to the next level? Are you a passionate “Foodie” with an interest in all things sweet? Here at Valeo Foods UK (trading name of Rowse Honey Ltd), we are looking for a new NPD Manager to join the team. You will be responsible for retaining the nation’s number one spread brand edge and the delivery of consistent high-quality product to the UK market.
Retailers, Foodservice companies and manufacturers all buy Rowse and demand the best. Many of the Valeo Foods brands are category leaders and include household names. We pack our entire Rowse brand and own label products for the UK market at our base in Wallingford; we also sell and distribute Buckwud maple syrup amongst other brands. Our successful portfolios of products are always expanding as we continue to grow throughout the UK and across Europe.
- Develops relationships with key account NPD contacts, project manages the launches and hosts and manages customer site visits for trials, pre-production and new line launches.
- Supports the delivery of the Rowse, Buckwud & Challenger brand plans and budgets by working with the brand teams on new product launches and key initiatives.
- Supports the delivery of the customer plans and budgets by working with the Sales team on new product launches and key customer initiatives.
- Ensures there are structured project plans in place, relevant project management processes and operational steps are followed, documentation is completed accurately and captured/recorded within the project folders.
- Coordinates projects through the wider Operations team with timely verbal and written cross-functional consultation, regular project and NPD meetings and informs key stakeholders.
- Understands impact of new launches on factory efficiency, capability and consistency to ensure that new launches can be produced to agreed target margins in terms of throughput, consistency and product cost.
- Continually develops technical awareness in areas such as ingredients, packaging and processing through online reviews, supplier visits, exhibitions, publications and information sharing.
- Develops market, category and trend awareness to steer customers towards successful launches through review of category insights, market & research data, new launches and food trends.
Skills & Competencies:
- Degree or equivalent in Food Science or related discipline and/or minimum 5 years NPD experience. in the food industry.
- Full UK driving license.
- Good commercial awareness and understanding of market trends and innovation resources.
- Previous management responsibility experience.
- Leads by example, practising company values, unpicks problems and develops solutions.
- Is an effective verbal and written communicator to internal and external stakeholders.
Valeo Foods UK are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.