Quality Assurance Technician, weekend role Fri-Sun 6PM-6AM
Position: Quality Assurance Technician, weekend role Fri-Sun 6PM-6AM
Based: Littleborough, United Kingdom
Would you like to become a part of a leading organisation that brings the Joy of Flavour to Life and makes Every Meal and Moment Better?
We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Technician to join our team. Do you thrive in a fast paced, international work environment?
If so, you might be the person we are looking for! Our growth starts with yours.
- Manage non-conforming materials effectively and in a timely manner
- Carry out glass audits and GMP audits as required
- Complete CCP and quality checks throughout each shift to ensure that finished products meet all specified requirements
- Adhere to agreed schedules and procedures for calibration and other specific QA tasks
- Provide support and technical data to the Operational Teams as required
- Test WIP and finished products to verify and ensure compliance with specified specifications
- Assist QA Management Team with customer visits/ third party audits as required
- Assist with investigations relating to customer complaints and food safety/quality incidents
- Monitor and audit the completion of records related to safety, quality and legality, reporting discrepancies where required
- Understand relevant food safety legislation, including HACCP
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements
- Carry out taste panels as required
- Challenge factory standards (including hygiene & GMP), operational and QA procedures, driving a culture of continuous improvement
- Assist QA Team Leader / QA Lead as required
- Actively involved in functional/ cross functional project work as required
- Maintain a dynamic and committed team environment through being an effective team player
- Flexible and adaptable in line with the changing needs of production
- Customer focused and eye for detail
- “Hands on” approach with a “can do” attitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Good numerical and organisational skills
- PC literate
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well unsupervised and as part of a team
- Enthusiasm and dedication
- Conscientious and reliable
- Self-starter and eager to learn
- Ability to work well under pressure
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.2 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 110 countries. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 4,500 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.