Senior Quality Assurance Technician - 6-2/2-10 Shifts (Mon-Fri)
Position: Senior Quality Assurance Technician - 6-2/2-10 Shifts (Mon-Fri)
Based: Littleborough, United Kingdom
Would you like to become a part of a leading organisation that brings the Joy of Flavour to Life and makes Every Meal and Moment Better?
We are currently looking for a Quality Assurance Technician to join our team. Do you thrive in a fast paced, international work environment?
If so, you might be the person we are looking for! Our growth starts with yours.
The main goal of this position is to ensure that QA/QC control procedures and test plans are being adhered to and effective to produce a safe finished product meeting quality, legal & customer requirements. This role will provide essential support to the QA Management Team and involves cross-functional working.
- To assist QA Management Team with the review and auditing of all test plans and results as well as identification/ implementation of corrective/ preventative actions.
- To set up and update SAP test plans as advised by QMS team.
- To assist QA Management Team with the control of trial materials, non-conforming materials.
- To support QA Management Team with customer visits and third-party audits and related preparation activities.
- To monitor and challenge daily GMP standards in the QA Laboratory (including chilled & ambient QA reference rooms) and conduct assigned GMP audits.
- To manage, review and train QA related SOPs, including best practice guides for equipment maintenance and calibration. To assist with adherence to Good Lab Practices and all related improvement and innovation plans, and to be actively involved with the proficiency testing scheme activities.
- To effectively manage consumables for both QA laboratories.
- To carry out assigned quality audits/ checks across both sites including glass audits, plaster checks, Foreign Body Box checks and any other specified audit requirements.
- To be actively involved with the co-ordination and implementation of the relevant QA/QC programmes including environmental monitoring, nutritional sampling, auditing and archiving of records pertaining to quality and food safety.
- Responsible for issuing out coding sheets for both manufacturing sites in a timely manner.
- To manage Certificate of Analysis where required.
- To assist with customer complaint investigations and data collation.
- To provide timely and suitable support to the QA Management Team and QA department.
- To deputise for the QA Management Team as appropriate.
- To provide cover for QA Technicians in the QA Laboratories, including sensory evaluation support when required.
- To be the first point of QA contact for the site teams outside of normal working hours to provide QA guidance and for escalation.
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Educated to A-Level standard or equivalent. A formal technical qualification would be a distinct advantage.
- Relevant QA experience in a food manufacturing environment is essential.
- Knowledge and experience of HACCP and BRC standard desirable.
- Auditing skills.
- Flexible with a “can do” attitude.
- Committed to quality and continuous improvement.
- Eye for detail.
- Be a team player with a “hands on” approach.
- Good communication and influencing skills.
- PC Literate.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Self -starter, ability to work well under pressure and unsupervised.
- Good organisation & time management skills.
- Eagerness to learn new skills.
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 10,000 employees around the world and more than $4.2 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. The company is serving customers from nearly 50 locations in 24 countries and consumers can buy our brands in more than 110 countries. Our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers.
With approximately 4,500 employees, the company has operations in 13 countries across the Europe, Middle-East and Africa (EMEA) Zone and serves customers in more than 25 markets through its consumer and industrial businesses. McCormick is present in key consumer markets with leading brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are in Haddenham (UK).
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.