Technical Team Leader - Arla Foods Aylesbury
We are currently seeking an experienced Technical Team Leader at our Aylesbury site (the biggest fresh milk dairy in Europe). You will be responsible for supporting the QEHS Manager in the day-to-day management of all technical activities in order to ensure efficient running of the site technical department.
You will lead, coach, train, manage, develop and motivate your team, and be responsible for defining and achieving resource requirements. You will be a key player in ensuring that the highest factory standards are met in line with BRC, and other customer requirements. In addition to lab duties you will deputise for the QEHS Manager in all Technical related areas. You will also be expected to make significant contributions to Technical project management, problem solving and continuous improvement initiatives, trend analysis and hygiene improvements.
Candidates must have a good working knowledge of Chemistry and Microbiology procedures ideally to CLAS and BRC standards and be able to demonstrate good knowledge of food safety. Advance food hygiene and Intermediate HACCP will be advantageous. Leadership, problems solving and project management skills are required along with an ability to think on your feet and be confident dealing with people at all levels. Good IT skills are required, particularly Microsoft applications however knowledge of SAP would be an advantage.
In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work with a market leading company that encourages internal promotion.
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Ensures that the Dairy/site complies with Arla Foods' standards and policies as well as the applicable legislation and customer requirements related to QEHS area including maintaining certificated standards.
* Communicates, advises and complies with corporate and BG QEHS standards/policies, customer demands, and legislation in relation to national and local conditions. Works closely with BG QEHS/Global QEHS and contributes to solutions.
* Internal and external audits.
* Contributes with QEHS knowledge in relevant projects both on-site, in business groups and with the Group QEHS team
* Ensures continuous improvement via QEHS improvement projects and applying a lean way of thinking.
* Ensures EHS risk assessments of all changes with potential impact on significant EHS areas and drives a safety mindset on site.
* Responsible for the development of the food safety-team/HACCP and EHS risk assessment team, and evaluates and resolves major non-conformances.
* Plans and organises laboratory activities to ensure services are provided in accordance with company and customer defined policies and other appropriate standards.
* Responsible for leading, managing and developing their employees.
* Maintains, monitors and reports QEHS data to dairy/site and BG/global stakeholders.
* Coordinates complaints and local crisis management within QEHS.
* Manages budget, quality, risk and resources within the laboratory.
* Establishes and maintains test results and trends in appropriate systems.
* Develops and tests new analysis methods and evaluates according to approved methods.
* Responsible for handling and resolving customer-related QEHS issues.
* Ensures updated environmental approvals and permits for the Dairy and partners with relevant internal and external stakeholders.
Please apply online as soon as possible.