NPD Product Technologist
NPD Product Technologist
Working hours: Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm
New England Seafood International – who are we?
We are a premium supplier of fresh fish, value added fish products and raw ready to eat fish to all the major UK retailers and to food service customers in the UK. We have nearly 500 employees based in our manufacturing site in Chessington, Surrey and nearly 200 based in our manufacturing site in Grimsby, Lincolnshire. We are also joint partners with Comptoir Oceaniques, a French company, in Joii Sushi, providing sushi to all the major sushi chains in the UK. Joii Sushi has its base in Chessington and has manufacturing facilities in Boulogne, France.
What is the purpose of this role? To manage and assistant in the product development process for our foodservice accounts, ensuring that the business can support and provide the customer with the innovation that they are looking for to grow their businesses and meet the desired targets and plans for NESI.
What is this role accountable for?
- Responsible for launching products through the NESI development process on time and on budget from concept through to launch.
- Organise and conduct trials for foodservice and brand – collating samples, yield information and process documentation
- Co-ordinate internal and external sample requests
- Co-ordinate shelf life taste panels
- Assist in writing and developing Quality contracts
- Review and sign off artwork and labels
- Carryout and organise samples for customers and internal meetings
- Developing clear and concise handover packs for the operation teams
- Attending NPD and production meetings to ensure cross functional understanding of product knowledge and communicating the importance of product launches.
- Building excellent working relationships with the cross-functional teams and our foodservice customers.
Key account management:
- Effective project management ensuring product launches are delivered on time and to a consistently high standard.
- Responsible for high quality artwork and labelling for all new product lines
- Providing cost engineering incentives for current product lines
- Guardian of quality benchmarking NESI/Joii products against the competition
- Assisting the technical department with product specifications and the generation of pack copy
What qualifications and experience are required for this role?
- Ideally a Food Science Degree or equivalent with a minimum of 1 years’ experience
- Competent using IT software packages including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Food hygiene and safety
- Requires flexibility of hours to ensure adequate cover for all new product launches.
- This requires presence on night shift and on weekends occasionally
- Travel and overnight stays for customer and supplier meetings
We are at an exciting time in the group’s development and are in the process of making important steps in a transformational growth plan:
- Completed the acquisition of greater production capacity
- Progressing the next generation of value-added products in the retail and food service fish category
- Driving an ambitious category led growth agenda
- Developing an innovative branded offer to fulfil rapidly developing consumer needs
Our core purpose is to enhance lives through fish. Our vision is to be the “go to” partner, loved by our customers, chosen for our species and famous for consumer-led innovation, in showing people how to enjoy fish every day. Our values run through our business and are Respect, Customer Care, By Learning we Grow, Team Spirit and Integrity.
Apply for NPD Product Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly