Engineering Team Leader
We have a fantastic opportunity in Suffolk for an extremely flexible Engineer Team Leader to join one of the UK's top food/FMCG organisations. Reporting directly to the Engineering Supervisor and working closely within the Engineering team.
You will have the responsibility for your engineer team, control the daily operations, implementing reactive, preventative and process development maintenance tasks. You are also responsible for equipment performance, quality, output and continuous improvement through OEE. Are you a problem solver willing to get hands on and wanting to develop not only yours, but also your team's skills and knowledge?
About the Job
- You will be responsible for maintenance for all site plant, machinery and buildings in line with required standards through effective application of the Total Preventative Maintenance system
- Delegate daily duties, prioritise breakdowns and engage engineering staff to meet production needs and minimise downtime ensuring all work carried out is in line with all relevant quality, hygiene and health and safety standards and regulations.
- Ensure all data is correct in full within the Planned Maintenance System
- Liaise with other shift managers to ensure all regular safety and hygiene audits have been carried out. Identify and resolve any shortfalls.
- Effectively manage shift change over with clear communication meetings ensuring all staff are fully engaged on current status
- Take responsibility for planning and executing Engineering Projects as determined by the Engineering Supervisor.
Are you the right person?
We are looking for someone with the following behaviours:
- Strong communication skills
- Planning and organisation skills
- Decision making and objectivity
- Prioritisation skills
- Team orientation
- Quality orientation
If you a history of working within the food or FMCG industries, we are looking for someone who possesses good interpersonal and team skills, complemented with a high level of multi-disciplined technical aptitude. You must be capable of effectively identifying and proactively resolving complex technical issues by direct intervention and correction. Also do you have the ability to think analytically and innovate to achieve goals.
If you are willing to learn new skills and develop your knowledge within the industry, then please apply or get in touch with Ben Farrer on 01733 391515 or alternatively you can email me on