Job Title: General Manager
Salary: £60k -£70k + Excellent benefits
Location: EDINBURGH / GLASGOW / SCOTLAND
Sector / Industry: FMCG // Food Manufacturing
This is an excellent opportunity for a General Manager or senior operations manager to come to lead a team based at one of many manufacturing sites, my client is an extremely successful multi sited company who have shown phenomenal growth over the last few years.
Key Responsibilities:As General Manager you will manage production, despatch, delivery and service to the customer of the agreed product is managed effectively ensuring that food quality standards are preserved etc.
- Ensure the management team plan and co-ordinate activities to meet schedule and unit targets
- Liaising with Ops Director in the development of forecasts and budget targets which support unit operational plans
- Ensuring that all unit activities are planned and organised to meet scheduled targets utilising the identified best practice tools.
- Developing and implementing operational plans, ensuring contingency plans are developed and reviewed for effectiveness
- Ensuring all forecasts reflect schedules in line with the ALSG management system
- Making sure action plans are developed, reviewed and schedules complied to achieve on time delivery
- Agreeing and effectively reviewing action plans to ensure costs are controlled
- Holding the daily operating meeting to agree action plans and communicate issues and resolutions
- Ensuring effective communication within the unit utilising all elements of "Communicating for Success"
Required Skills & Experience:
- An in-depth knowledge of food production / manufacturing operational management
- Operated at a Senior operations management level for over 5 years
- Evidenced people management skills, e.g. dealing with performance issues, grievances, holidays, and absence management
- Ability to plan, organise and delegate
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Dealing with forecasts and within budget
- Must be able to communicate at all levels
- An understanding of health and safety regulations in relation to operations
- Understanding of Operational Management Systems
- Must be methodical, and logical in their approach to work
- Ability to deliver process innovation and change management
- Food production, AND / OR Materials Inventory management at Head of Department Level
- IOSH or NEBOSH certificate desirable.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org. or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.
To Contact Direct:
At The Advocate Group, our core values have