Production site - West London (NW10).
Competitive salary and benefits
A fantastic and rare opportunity to join a fast-growing Scandinavian bakery group, who first opened a UK bakery in London in 2016. Our client now has 9 London stores, 1 store in Oxford and over 300 employees in the UK. Our client has been serving delicious breads and pastries, made by hand, for over 20 years, with recipes handed down from generations and always from the very best ingredients. They still do things the old way - expert bakers working all night and all day to ensure that every bakery gets the freshest, most delicious breads, pastries, sandwiches and cakes whatever time of day the customers arrive.
Our client has a large store expansion plan across London over the next 3-5 years. With stores based in premium London destinations, their vision is simple, they want to ensure every customer receives a truly world-class experience. Whether it’s the design of their stores, the high quality of their products or the engagement with their customers, the customer experience with them should be truly memorable.
Our client is looking for an experienced Technical Manager to help them further develop the technical, legal and operational structure required for their rapidly-growing business. You will be responsible for all aspects of legal compliance relating to their central production site in Powergate, delivering full compliance and accreditation for their business-to-business operations and manage the overall food safety policy for their bakeries.
- Responsible for ensuring full integration and implementation of food safety policies
- Support and advise production within the manufacturing unit
- Perform internal weekly and monthly audits including full traceability checks
- Manage sampling and retention programme for routine testing
- Maintain HACCP system
- Maintain calibration certificates for equipment
- Stay up to date on relevant literature and legislation changes
- Undertaking duties as requested by the Production Manager & Director of Food
- Ownership of external audits and accreditations
- Liaising with local authorities and third party auditors
- Maintain supplier database with accreditations
- Ensuring completion and review of due diligence documentation
- Trending results and creating monthly reports
- Investigate complaints
You are looking for a new challenge and keen to join an exciting, fast-moving food business. You will use your qualifications and food experience gained to date, to create, implement and integrate all food safety related legislation and systems, to protect our client’s business, teams and guests. You possess strong communication skills, extensive knowledge of food safety legislation and have experience dealing with multi-site operations. You have excellent organisation and time management skills. You are ideally from a Food Science or Technical background. Knowledge of HACCP is essential. Bakery industry experience is preferred.
If you feel you have the desire and commitment to succeed in this exciting new challenge and have the relevant skills and experience then please apply online.
Alternatively send a copy of your most up to date CV to Maria at email@example.com, quoting reference MM/2039. If you would like to discuss the role in more detail please contact Maria Murphy on 0774 518 4922.
Closing Date for applications: 8th March 2019