TWO Production Manager opportunities have emerged at this expanding, BRC AA accredited Food Manufacturer in West London.
The successful candidate will manage the day to day factory operations to ensure the company strategy is followed and business objectives are met.
People & Training
- To lead and motivate staff to achieve high standards at all time through effective, clear and fair communication and clear delegation of tasks and responsibilities.
- To provide direction and support to the Factory Manager, managing and facilitating staff performance and development, and ensuring departmental structure and skills are developed to meet changing business requirements.
- To review and effectively manage staff hours, shift patterns and overtime versus effective labour utilisation.
- To manage departmental HR issues to minimise staff issues, to maintain discipline and optimise staff attendance.
- To identify staff training and cross training needs to achieve an appropriate skills level within the business at all times and put together an appropriate training plan.
Health and Safety
- To ensure all employees are working in a safe working manner and to take personal responsibility for health & safety issues.
- To raise the profile of Health and Safety and ensure successful delivery of the site Safety Plan.
- To ensure all orders are completed as per plan and to deal with any issues or shortfalls and minimise overruns.
- To review working processes, make recommendations for change and agree costs and timescales to achieve.
- To identify and/or implement opportunities leading to improvement in Operational productivity and reduction of waste.
- To continuously update control and reporting systems.
- To carry out ad hoc projects/investigations as required.
- To ensure Good Manufacturing Practice is adhered to at all times.
- Making sure all Production staff adhere to Food safety / quality policies and procedures.
- Lead by example.
- Assists production planning in creating the most effective production plan to achieve maximum utilisation of equipment, staff and material costs effectiveness so costumer’s demands will be met.
- To control departmental expenditure within budget and review in line with site performance.
- To input to current department budgets and capital expenditure plans and be involved in the creations of annual budgets.
Technical & Quality
- To support the Technical function to achieve/maintain BRC accreditation and subsequent maintenance and improvement of the standard.
- To ensure Production staff recognise the importance of quality standards and that they support and follow the guide lines that the technical team need to implement within the business.
- To ensure adherence to hygiene standards.
- Clean as you go, departments always is audit ready.
- To guide and work with site engineer and external engineering contractors to minimise equipment down time, implement PPMs and resolve daily site engineering challenges.
- To ensure Operational requirements of NPD cycle are successfully delivered i.e. factory trials and fully implementation of new products into the factory.
- Maintenance of cold store to ensure ease of picking, accuracy of stock rotation and reporting of stock levels to minimise wastage and to assist sale and production planning activities.
- To implement and maintain a clear set of Key Performance Indicators that are reviewed on a regular basis which support the business in its daily operations and medium term planning activities.
- To ensure that all Operational requirements and 100% service levels are met and quality products/ standards are delivered to the Customer on a daily basis.
- To ensure effective methods of communication operates within the Factory functions and between other departments.
- To contribute fully to the continuous improvement in business performance as a member of the Factory Management Team (FMT).
- To communicate several times a day with the Factory Manager regarding factory performance (KPIs), operational issues and new initiatives to gain their agreement and to ensure they understand what is happening – both good and bad.
- To provide support and cover as appropriate in the absence of members of the production team or SMT
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested.
- Making sure all relevant paperwork is completed in full and signed off.
- Reporting on a daily shift report and send out to all relevant key holders.
- Alert Factory Manager to any problems, which may impact on their ability to carry out their duties.
- Inform Factory Manager out of his office hours of all issues which could impact, Quality, food safety,
- H&S, accidents, Production performance or all other issues which needs approval.
- Participate in training events and take responsibility for self-learning.
We are looking for candidates with previous experience in such a role within a chilled or frozen food manufacturing environment.
Any experience with ice cream or frozen desserts would be of particular interest.
We are looking for strong management skills, a quick learner, hands-on and someone who can identify issues/ implement corrective actions. A problem solving / engineering background would also be useful in this job.
Looking forward to hear from you!
Indicative Salary Range: £40000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.